Playlist not following the order tv-movie-tv

gleeballs

gleeballs

I have a playlist that has tv shows and movies in. 

for example, the watch order needs to be 

1. tv episode 1
  2. tv episode 2
  3. movie 1
  4. tv episode 3

when watching the playlist, Emby does not follow this, when you are watching a series of tv shows, in the example above when you watch episode 2, emby plays episode 3 next (usual behaviour if watching the whole series) and not the movie when it should then play the movie first surely as thats the playlist?

HI there, that's strange. Can we please look at an example?

Thanks !

Gilgamesh_48

You might be able to get what you want by checking the box (Display specials within the series where the aired)
and naming the move "ShowName - s00exXX - Episode Title - Movie Title.ext"
and adjusting the release date so it is between the episode you want it after and the next regular episode.

I believe that it also would work by making the "before" episode a part 1 and the movie part 2.

What you are seeing might be a bug with playlists but this also might be a workaround. It is generally easier to work around a limitation than to try to explain them. I actually use the "workaround" in a couple of series and it does work, at least for me.

That shouldn't be necessary. When you play from a playlist it should follow the order in the playlist.

Gilgamesh_48
30 minutes ago, Luke said:

That shouldn't be necessary. When you play from a playlist it should follow the order in the playlist.

While that is true I was just suggesting a way to get what the OP appeared to want without the hassle of creating a playlist. The more ways there are for accomplishing the same task the more likely it is that the task gets accomplished.

Should does not equal best or only. I never like to rely on any single solution.

To be honest I have had so much trouble with the playlists I have tried to use that I avoid them. The problems I have had may well all be fixed by now but my previous experiences left me with a horrid taste in my mouth.
Also I thought the OP, and Emby for that matter, might welcome an idea as to another route toward success.

There are many different approaches to just about any problem and the more solutions/workarounds you know the better equipped you are to attack the next one you run into.

17 hours ago, gleeballs said:

when watching the playlist, Emby does not follow this, when you are watching a series of tv shows, in the example above when you watch episode 2, emby plays episode 3 next

Hi.  Exactly how did you start playing?

If you just "played" episode 2 from the playlist, then it would behave as  you describe.  If, instead, you played either the playlist or selected "play from here" on episode 2 then it should follow the list.