Scheduled recording (series) - missing indication in the Guide

chjohans

chjohans

When I schedule a series recording it does not indicate in the Guide data for that program that it will be recorded. This leads to re-scheduling of the same program, since other family members don't think there is an active schedule.

Other PVR solutions, in fact all I have ever used, show an indication in the Guide data for that program, usually a "clock" symbol is used.

Oh and the indicator should be different for a series recording just a single recording. I have seen that a "single clock" symbo is often used for a single recording, and multiple clock symbols half overlaid for a scheduled series recording of a program.

Please consider to implement something like this, thanks!

chjohans

Hmm, thanks, that made me look again and harder this time. :)

Turned out that I have to change all my series schedules from the default "New episodes only" to "All episodes": I thought (and was obviously mistaken) that "new episodes only" ment episodes that I don't have in my library already, as Emby cannot possibly know when an episode is "new". Anyhow, a bit confusing but when I know I know. The flag ""Don't record episodes already in my library" means what I thought "New shows" ment. :)

Edit: This only made each episode show up under "Schedules", it still do not show the recording symbol in the Guide for series recordings. I've double checked and triple checked that the episoeds (date and time) that shows up under "Shedules" are *not* marked with the recording symbol in the TV Guide.

Edited by chjohans

13 minutes ago, chjohans said:

as Emby cannot possibly know when an episode is "new"

Hi.  Guide data contains this information.

chjohans

Yes, if and when the guide data is correct. Often it's not, t least that's my experience with multiple sources of guide data.

Anyhow, the recording symbol *does not* show up in my guide  for series recording, not even when a episode is currently being recorded. It will only show for single recordings, in that case also for future single recordings.

For episodes in a show it never shows up, even when individual episode recordings are listed under "Shedule".

Using server 4.7.1.0 under Windows, and just changed from the NextPVR plugin to Emby's native Live TV support for Hauppauge tuners.

chjohans

Just tried from Emby Theatre, what I wrote is tue only from the web client (in Chrome), in Emby Theatre under Windows it all works. And when series recordings are scheduled in Emby Theater the recording symbol show up in the Guide in web client as well.

So a bug in the Windows client I guess, at least in Chrome.

Edited by chjohans

Hi.  Can you please show us a couple screen shots of the issue?  One of the schedule showing the item will record and then one of the guide without an indicator?

Thanks.