Recording series - number of episodes to keep

chjohans

chjohans

It would be nice to have an option for how many episodes of a certain Show to keep. For instance if recording a news program, you would want the old recordings to be automatically deleted as they are mostly irrelevant. Could this be considered, please?

chjohans

Forget this, I see that this is already implemented. It was just a bit confusing, I had to first define the scheduled recording and then go to "Series" and edit the scheduled recording. It would more intuitive to be able to do it all from the Guide.

Spaceboy
1 hour ago, chjohans said:

Forget this, I see that this is already implemented. It was just a bit confusing, I had to first define the scheduled recording and then go to "Series" and edit the scheduled recording. It would more intuitive to be able to do it all from the Guide.

image.thumb.png.92a4ee8802ff37424f67f058e2e79fda.png

chjohans

image.png.602f19f4ceac43d4fe4dc13235b4903d.png

I don't have that "settings" option, and when I press "Record Series" a schedule is made but that button is not turning red, si I can press it again and again and make many schedules for the same series. I'm using NextPVR with the plugin, I suspect it has bugs. Will try to use my Hauppauge tuners directly instead of going through NextPVR.

chjohans

Nope, just deleted the NextPVR plugin and using Emby's native Hauppauge tuner support instead. REesult is exactly the same, I don't have that "Settings" option when I record a Series, and the "Record Series" button does not turn red when I add a series recording. I'm on the latest server under Windows 10.

What TV tuner are you using?

chjohans

Just tried from Emby Theatre, what I wrote is true only from the web client (in Chrome), in Emby Theatre under Windows it all works. And when series recordings are scheduled in Emby Theater the recording symbol show up in the Guide in web client as well.

So a bug in the Windows client I guess, at least in Chrome.

Spaceboy
24 minutes ago, chjohans said:

Nope, just deleted the NextPVR plugin and using Emby's native Hauppauge tuner support instead. REesult is exactly the same, I don't have that "Settings" option when I record a Series, and the "Record Series" button does not turn red when I add a series recording. I'm on the latest server under Windows 10.

What TV tuner are you using?

m3u recording in emby

6 hours ago, chjohans said:

It would be nice to have an option for how many episodes of a certain Show to keep. For instance if recording a news program, you would want the old recordings to be automatically deleted as they are mostly irrelevant. Could this be considered, please?

It's under the settings for the series recording.

• 2 weeks later...
chjohans
On 03/06/2022 at 23:23, Luke said:

It's under the settings for the series recording.

That option is not there in the Chrome web client, found it in Emby Theatre tho.

14 hours ago, chjohans said:

That option is not there in the Chrome web client, found it in Emby Theatre tho.

Where were you looking for it?

chjohans
35 minutes ago, Luke said:

Where were you looking for it?

See this post above: 

It's all fine in Emby Theater, but not in the web client in Chrome.

As I write above the "series recording" button does not turn red to indicate active series recording when using the web client in Chrome. Also the "Series Setting" and "Setting" is missing, see the screenshot above. As I said, all is fine in Emby Theater.

chjohans

Well I don't. Maybe it''s some extension that breaks this for me, not sure but it's not there in Chrome.

chjohans

The issue I had with the "Series Settings" not being showed seems to have resolved itself, it most likely had to do with the EPG issue I described here:

As soon as my old EPG data "expired" it all works just fine, and the "Series Settings" is there.