Can't Access From Other Devices

BrJekyll

BrJekyll

Port mapper was updated to 1.1.4 , then to 1.1.7 within 2 days apart , i cant access anymore to my emby server , not even from inside my local network .

Just got a msg the server  ...... can not be reached , it may no longer be available ...blah blah blah.

or sometimes i got a error like the username/password is invalid ...

Just like AndyNeslon above : "I have had no issues with emby over the past couple of years" but its pretty much screwed up now , thanks for those updates ... :)

Just now, BrJekyll said:

Port mapper was updated to 1.1.4 , then to 1.1.7 within 2 days apart , i cant access anymore to my emby server , not even from inside my local network .

Just got a msg the server  ...... can not be reached , it may no longer be available ...blah blah blah.

or sometimes i got a error like the username/password is invalid ...

Just like AndyNeslon above : "I have had no issues with emby over the past couple of years" but its pretty much screwed up now , thanks for those updates ... :)

Hi, have you tried just setting up port forwarding on your router? We have a guide on how to do that: https://support.emby.media/support/solutions/articles/44002137137-remote-setup

BrJekyll

yeah it was set up already , in the past few years.. cant access emby server from inside my LAN either , not just from outside ..

Edited by BrJekyll

3 minutes ago, BrJekyll said:

yeah it was set up already , in the past few years.. cant access emby server from inside my LAN either , not just from outside ..

@BrJekyll

If you can't access from inside your LAN either then your problem has nothing to do with the port mapper.

Please go through our Connection Troubleshooter and let us know which steps succeed and which ones do not: https://support.emby.media/support/solutions/articles/44001849007-connectivity

While you're doing that, if you can also attach the emby server log, then we can review that to see what we might be able to spot there. Thanks.

Just now, BrJekyll said:

thats pretty interesting ... why you deleting my post ???

I'm not. I'm just moving it to it's own dedicated topic.

BrJekyll

i got a issues after those updates , nothing changed in my setup

emby server is not communicating with any of the clients after those updates.  sony  XBR-65X930C , nvidia shield pro , dune TV , iphone app , android app , windows app ...  im not a clueless person about network setup :) or configuring routers :) 

server1.jpeg

server2.jpeg

updates.JPG

Edited by BrJekyll

2 minutes ago, BrJekyll said:

i got a issues after those updates

Can we please go through the troubleshooting that I'm trying to provide? That will help us get to the bottom of it. Thanks !

13 hours ago, BrJekyll said:

I checked all those before i posted my issue here . 

And what succeeded and what failed?

13 hours ago, BrJekyll said:

im not a clueless person about network setup

Then you should know your symptom (cannot access from any other device) usually points to one of two issues 1) the IP address is incorrect or 2) something (most likely the firewall on the server machine) is blocking the requests.

Have you checked those two things?

BrJekyll

yes , checked every options , after those updates  , i wasn't able to log in to my server ...

every time i tried to connect , got 2 different kind of error msg:

the server  ...... can not be reached , it may no longer be available

- or invalid user id or password

the server itself, where the emby server running , never installed any windows update , that's disabled by me , so nothing changed from my side on my whole network / computer or client side . Nothing changed on my windows firewall settings either . Everything worked fine prior those updates , nothing after ...

"Then you should know your symptom (cannot access from any other device) usually points to one of two issues 1) the IP address is incorrect or 2) something (most likely the firewall on the server machine) is blocking the requests.

Have you checked those two things?"

.... Well if i received the msg like "invalid user id or password" for emby server on every clients , i guess all clients saw the server , communicated w the server , but for some reason wasn't able to log in to the server ... correct me if im wrong ... so there shouldn't be a IP address or firewall issue right ??? all this mess just started after those updates ... never had a single issue w emby in the past few years , moved to emby from MyMovies years ago :)

image.thumb.jpeg.0d16f40ab6a3fa6183045fbdb0be06c1.jpeg

Hi.  It could still be security software blocking some of the traffic or a proxy stripping some information.

When you update a program on Windows it is not uncommon for Windows to make changes to your Firewall or other security software behind the scenes.  We see it all the time.

Can you provide the server log from the time of the above image and tell me exactly what time you attempted that login?

BrJekyll

Thanks all the helps and suggestions, problems are resolved , my emby server working again , from outside (via ssl connection/cloudfare) and from all my LAN devices.

Checked every windows logs in event viewer ( emby is running on win server 2019 ) ,the installation for those update didn't changed any firewall settings.

What i did , and fixed my issue ,is I re typed every settings under emby server / network ( did not changed anything) , hit the save button , then i was able to access emby server via ssl connection from outside , but still had issue with lan side access , invalid user id or password from lan devices , then rebooted the emby server (but not the win server2019) and everything started to work again :) 

... thanks god , the latest port mapper update (1.1.8) yesterday (6/6/02022) did not messed up my setup :)

To be honest w you.. have no idea what was the real issue ,but all this mess started after those port mapper updates , and as i see on this forum ,  i wasnt the only one , who had issues after those updates ...

Thanks Again