Cannot select my subtitle file

Kennyw888

Kennyw888

My wife isn't a native English speaker and when we watch movies together, I find that language from a much better web site than open subtitles. In any case, the subtitle file is located in the same folder as the movie, but Emby will not see the subtitle file for what it is and I cannot select it.  Why does Emby not allow me to manually  select a subtitle file even if that file does not share the exact same name as the media file?  Or does it and I'm just not seeing it?  This should be a feature easily added to Emby and I'm not really understanding why it's not part of the interface.

Why does Emby not allow me to manually  select a subtitle file even if that file does not share the exact same name as the media file?

Hi, yea I think this is a good idea, but it's not currently supported. 

I would take a look at our subtitle naming guide: https://support.emby.media/support/solutions/articles/44001159160-subtitles

Thanks.

Kennyw888
3 minutes ago, Luke said:

Hi, yea I think this is a good idea, but it's not currently supported. 

I would take a look at our subtitle naming guide: https://support.emby.media/support/solutions/articles/44001159160-subtitles

Thanks.

Thanks for the answer, Luke.  Perhaps Emby needs to up it's game with this feature in addition to perhaps offering other web sites like zmk.pw.  I realize that multiple language households are a little rare, but we speak English, German, Japanese and Chinese in this house.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Kennyw888 said:

Why does Emby not allow me to manually  select a subtitle file even if that file does not share the exact same name as the media file?

Keep in mind that would require that the movie be in its own individual folder.  Otherwise, you'd get every subtitle for every movie you have in one menu.

Kennyw888

Subtitles are in the same folder.  Quite often, the subtitle name is in the language it uses.  It would be far better and easier if Emby simply allowed you to select it manualy instead of forcing rules upon the user.

• Thanks 1