Ability to shuffle AlbumArtists or artists tracks.

Vicpa

Vicpa

Hi.

It seems like base functionality, but at present I can't shuffle an albumArtist or artists and get a track result that is exculsive to either of those things.

If you select shuffle, you can a track result of album artist, artist + Composer credits. (Think Covers)

Logically, When I think shuffle xyz artist. It means play me random tacks that they physically performed on. Not that plus random covers by other artists, that may be 1) crappy covers, 2) different genre, and not what I was looking.

Thanks

-vicpa

The picture story.

Select an album artist.

John1.thumb.jpg.6905637d69e688d38657f2381176c48f.jpg

Look at the stuff..

John2.thumb.jpg.2b02e3826d3a4500f3dacf6f648cb690.jpg

Hit Shuffle..

Bingo

john3.thumb.jpg.668c680c4df02ee772143ca16e0ca161.jpg

Not the John Lennon I was expecting.

This is a bit tricky.  John was not just a performer but also a composer/writer so you are getting all of his work.

I guess, there would need to be some sort of sub-selection there to be truly complete.

Vicpa
34 minutes ago, ebr said:

This is a bit tricky.  John was not just a performer but also a composer/writer so you are getting all of his work.

I guess, there would need to be some sort of sub-selection there to be truly complete.

Hi @ebr

Thanks for your reply.

You have pointed out the major issue. In my opinion the composer/writer credits, should only show up under the "Composer" view.  Album Artist, artist credits are different things.

In the types of music I listen to,  a composer credit is not really part of their collective "work" and never would show up on a display or in a shuffle of the album artist.

"Tracks by Lennon" is not the same as "Tracks written by Lennon."

"Tracks by Lennon" is base functionality that any music player provides.  Simple Album Artist = Lennon. 

"Tracks written by Lennon." was what I was hoping for when emby recently added composer support (I even asked that writers be included. )

This current mixture of both doesn't work well for either.

-vicpa 

• Agree 1