[BUG?]Emby Keeps Exstract ScreenShots

OliverGrace

OliverGrace

I set up a new library with no image fetcher boxes checked. However, after i slapped the "Scan Library Files" button, the logs show me that emby is doing "ffmpeg -ss" to get a video screenshot. What happened??? This results in huge api hit for google drive users like me. All i want is to use my fully ready library from my google drive which has all the movie files, nfos, posters, etc. And the explanation of metadata and image saving settings are so so so unclear! "Metadata Readers" is set to nfo and it has no problem. But what does "Metadata Savers"' Nfo do? Is it a setting to enable nfo saving or is it a format reading setting which let emby know i use existing nfo?

Hi there, did you make sure to set this on all libraries?

Did you thanks the video preview thumbnails option? I would check your library settings.

OliverGrace

I check all the library settings. The only selected boxes are "Metadata Readers - Nfo" "Metadata Savers - Nfo" "Save Artwork Into Media Folders", other boxes are all empty.

OliverGrace
3 minutes ago, Luke said:

Hi there, did you make sure to set this on all libraries?

Did you thanks the video preview thumbnails option? I would check your library settings.

I check all the library settings. The only selected boxes are "Metadata Readers - Nfo" "Metadata Savers - Nfo" "Save Artwork Into Media Folders", other boxes are all empty.

Did you check that option that I just mentioned? That's not a checkbox.

OliverGrace
Just now, Luke said:

Did you check that option that I just mentioned? That's not a checkbox.

It is set to "Never"

OliverGrace
17 minutes ago, Luke said:

Ok let's look at a specific example. Thanks.

2022-06-02 21:39:35.042 Info App: ProcessRun 'extract-image' Execute: /opt/emby-server/bin/ffmpeg -ss 00:06:11.709  -f asf -threads 1 -i file:"/mnt/movies/Iron Man 3.mp4" -an -sn -threads 0 -vframes 1 -vf "scale=trunc(min(max(iw\,ih*dar)\,min(600\,0*dar))/2)*2:trunc(min(max(iw/dar\,ih)\,min(600/dar\,0))/2)*2,thumbnail=24" -f image2 "/var/lib/emby/cache/temp/0c2f1081-7033-46e6-8008-88d7a2f8dc56.jpg"
2022-06-02 21:39:35.042 Debug App: ProcessRun 'extract-image' Started.
2022-06-02 21:39:38.008 Info App: ProcessRun 'extract-image' Process exited with code 0
2022-06-02 21:39:38.008 Debug ProviderManager: Saving image to /var/lib/emby/metadata/library/78/78435f8321e427b766ddfd8a348919e7/poster.jpg
2022-06-02 21:39:38.014 Debug App: Running FFProbeProvider for /mnt/Iron Man 3.mp4
2022-06-02 21:39:38.014 Info MediaProbeManager: ProcessRun 'ffprobe' Execute: /opt/emby-server/bin/ffprobe -i file:"/mnt/Iron Man 3.mp4" -threads 0 -v info -print_format json -show_streams -show_chapters -show_format -show_data
2022-06-02 21:39:38.014 Debug MediaProbeManager: ProcessRun 'ffprobe' Started.
2022-06-02 21:39:38.718 Info MediaProbeManager: ProcessRun 'ffprobe' Process exited with code 0

Maybe the extraction was on when the scan started and then you disabled during. It's hard to say. I would suggest restarting the server and trying again.

If there's still an issue then please attach the complete emby server log file along with a screenshot of the library options. Thanks.

OliverGrace
1 minute ago, Luke said:

Maybe the extraction was on when the scan started and then you disabled during. It's hard to say. I would suggest restarting the server and trying again.

If there's still an issue then please attach the complete emby server log file along with a screenshot of the library options. Thanks.

I will try and get you updated. Thanks a lot!

• Thanks 1

OliverGrace
20 minutes ago, Luke said:

1.png

2.png

3.png

embyserver.txt

Are you sure those are the options for the correct library for the movie in this log file?

OliverGrace
1 minute ago, Luke said:

Are you sure those are the options for the correct library for the movie in this log file?

Yes I am sure. I just rename the movie file names and path from the log file for privacy reason.

Edited by OliverGrace

Happy2Play
On 6/3/2022 at 12:41 PM, Luke said:

@Happy2Play are you able to reproduce?

Not in any of my tests.

@OliverGracehow are your libraries setup?

OT: you need to patch/adjust your inotify watches as you have multiple libraries failing Real Time Monitoring. 

System.IO.IOException: The configured user limit (8192) on the number of inotify watches has been reached, or the operating system failed to allocate a required resource.

• Like 1