Endless TV Shuffle?

ESO223

ESO223

Starting here because I don't honestly know if this is a feature, bug, or something that happens with just Roku (which our family primarily uses for viewing) and the topic should be moved to that forum.

When clicking Shuffle at the TV Series or Season level several random episodes will play but they will always stop at around 2 hours or so of playback. My family wants playback to continue indefinitely until stopped by the user or admin. As admin, I'm fine with this account doing this. I can't find any reason why it stops automatically; by default the "Are You Still Watching?" prompt is turned off on this profile and as far as I can tell it's not an error in the video file. Is this a built in feature or is it a bug? Is this isolated to Roku playback or is it perhaps my system and I should be attaching some logs for review? Thanks for any insight.

ESO223

Did you want a log example or just how it happens?

Here's sort of a step by step:

1. User wants to watch 8 hours of M*A*S*H on shuffle

2. Selects "Shuffle" from the TV Series level screen on Roku TV

3. M*A*S*H plays on shuffle and random episodes play

4. After approximately 2-ish hours episodes stop playing.

5. To admin's or user's knowledge there was no "Are You Still Watching?" prompt as that is turned off. User hasn't selected to stop playback or operated remote control at all.

6. User has to click Shuffle again to start playback.

Barring the absence of a randomly shuffled video failing playback (like a bad file) and thus stopping it - my question is this by design? Is it a bug? Is it an option I can modify somewhere in settings that I'm just not seeing? Thanks again.

ESO223

Mystery solved: "Are You Still Watching?" is not a universal account setting, it's per-device, at least on Roku. The Roku TV that the user was watching on had either been set or reverted somehow to enable the prompt, while the rest devices that use the account, both Server side and on other Roku TVs, had the prompt disabled. Discovered this after running debug logging test for 4 hours and no previously reported behavior. Thanks for the help!

14 hours ago, ESO223 said:

Mystery solved: "Are You Still Watching?" is not a universal account setting, it's per-device, at least on Roku. The Roku TV that the user was watching on had either been set or reverted somehow to enable the prompt, while the rest devices that use the account, both Server side and on other Roku TVs, had the prompt disabled. Discovered this after running debug logging test for 4 hours and no previously reported behavior. Thanks for the help!

Okay, yes, that setting is device specific because you may use different devices in different situations (one TV maybe you play all day in the background).  However, the default is ON so it must have been turned off on this device.

Glad you figured it out.