Shield Experience 9.1+ Hotfix

Sentinel

rbjtech
12 minutes ago, FrostByte said:

I fell back to SE8 to do some testing and then tried going back to SE9, but it installed the hotfix again automatically.  Didn't give me the choice not to.  Hopefully HF #2 will be out soon.  Been a month now, I think.

Any reason you didn't stick with SE8 @FrostByte? - It appears to be problem free - I'm still not sure what SE9 has over it - for primary emby use anyway ?

Edited by rbjtech

Audiomixer

@rbjtech both my shields are signed up for that latest HF but one is now running 8.2.3. Before the hotfix, i found 9.1.1 pretty solid and found no real reason to run 8.2.3 as DFA didn’t work for me. This latest hotfix really borked the FF/RW/resume functions with hevc/dts-hd files rendering them a playback problem.  8.2.3 is solid in this regard and with no way to roll back to 9.1.1, i will run 8.2.3 on one shield and the hotfix on the other to test.

• Thanks 1

FrostByte
22 minutes ago, rbjtech said:

Any reason you didn't stick with SE8 @FrostByte? - It appears to be problem free - I'm still not sure what SE9 has over it - for primary emby use anyway ?

I think I've gone back and forth at least 3 or 4  times now.  SE8 is definitely faster.  I'm having issues maintaining a connection to my NAS right now (drops out every 2 minutes).  I guess I'm hoping something will magically fix it, but I'm beginning to think my ethernet port is going bad.

• Like 1

FrostByte
1 minute ago, FrostByte said:

, but I'm beginning to think my ethernet port is going bad.

Probably from going back and forth so many times 😂

• Haha 1

Audiomixer
13 minutes ago, FrostByte said:

Probably from going back and forth so many times 😂

If that is the case then my shield should have imploded by now 😂

• Haha 2

rbjtech

'If it ain't broke' is my policy.   I cursed myself when it first updated as I try and avoid 'auto-updates' whenever possible unless the are day1 security updates.   Been on SE8 since first reporting the rollback (turned off auto-update) and have not had an issue since.   DFA works perfectly for me - not sure why you couldn't get it working @Audiomixer

Other than lack of AV1 (which I'm not buying into anyway), after 4 years, it's STILL the best client hardware for emby if you run an AVR/HD Audio and DV TV imo.

Audiomixer
2 hours ago, rbjtech said:

'If it ain't broke' is my policy.   I cursed myself when it first updated as I try and avoid 'auto-updates' whenever possible unless the are day1 security updates.   Been on SE8 since first reporting the rollback (turned off auto-update) and have not had an issue since.   DFA works perfectly for me - not sure why you couldn't get it working @Audiomixer

Other than lack of AV1 (which I'm not buying into anyway), after 4 years, it's STILL the best client hardware for emby if you run an AVR/HD Audio and DV TV imo.

DFA works sort of but those remuxes just wont play. I remember comparing each and every setting with @FrostByte but at the end of the day and all things set the same, no dice. Was it @CBers who mentioned he too couldn’t get DFA to work right either?

Seemed hit and miss.

Edited by Audiomixer
  • Like 1