MKV / FLAC Audio out of sync

Sephirod

Sephirod

Hello,

I'm back with another issue / question.

Today I encountered my first transcoding issue it seems. I'm still using the Emby app for Samsung TV, up to date. And I don't know if it's supposed to not transcode or if it does but is failing to do so but I tried to play an .mkv file today with a A_FLAC codec but the audio is out of sync.
I'll attach the media info displayed on Emby as well a my serverlog, I can attach a mediaInfo complete details if necessary.

The thing is there's no audio delay on PC locally, so I figured Emby or my TV is the problem. @SamES

image.thumb.jpeg.99ef29b762854f43819cb2374123313a.jpeg

embyserver.txt

SamES

It looks like it is DirectPlaying, so I expect it is probably the TV as there is nothing the server or app does to the file to affect playback when it is DirectPlay.  You should be able to confirm the playback method in Stats for Nerds during playback.

Please also check the playback method when playing on your PC.  It's possible that it is doing audio conversion and 'fixing' this issue.

Try putting the  video on a USB stick and connecting it directly to the TV and play with the TV's internal player.  Does it have the same audio issue?

Sephirod

I'm sorry I meant locally on PC with my own player. The same issue occurs on PC when I try to play it on my emby server on the web browser app though.
I didn't try USB directly yet, but I have the same issue through DLNA (through emby server) outside the app.

I will try through USB directly if I can next.

Sephirod

Well,

Just tried it on USB, directly plugging it in my TV.
You were right, the audio is also out of sync.

I guess if I really want to watch it on my TV without sync issues, I will have to share my computer screen on it  🥲

SamES
3 hours ago, Sephirod said:

Well,

Just tried it on USB, directly plugging it in my TV.
You were right, the audio is also out of sync.

I guess if I really want to watch it on my TV without sync issues, I will have to share my computer screen on it  🥲

Thanks for confirming.  Just looking at your screenshot above and the filename, is the FLAC track the original track, or did it have an EAC3 or AC3 track?  Did you create the FLAC track?

Sephirod
17 hours ago, SamES said:

Thanks for confirming.  Just looking at your screenshot above and the filename, is the FLAC track the original track, or did it have an EAC3 or AC3 track?  Did you create the FLAC track?

No I didn't create it.
Someone muxed it, but the creator of the FLAC file said it should work on any release, I just got the one already muxed. I can also get the FLAC file separately if there's something to be done with it to solve the issue.
Because yeah, when I open this .mkv with MPC on my PC, there's no sync issue whatsoever.

SamES

I probably don't have a good answer for you other than the TV isn't able to handle it.