Emby and fedora 36

Cristoforo

Cristoforo

Hello, this is my first topic because until now i used to have jellyfin as my media server.

I decide to switch to something more premium but  i found an issue with my fedora server.

I have done a clean install of Fedora server 36 and When trying to add to my Emby Library a test folder that resides inside this path   /home/chris/    

emby wasnt able to find any folder.

All the folders inside this path has 777 permisisons and the owner is chris:chris

I have also try to add the emby system user as the owner  of those folders  but again i cant select those folders to add them to my Emby library.

I have try also the same procedure in a clean Debian 11 (aarch64 version) of Emby and in this case the same folders with the same permissions and in the same path 

/home/chris/         are available to be used in the Emby Library without any issues.

So i'm wondering why Emby can't detect the folders inside this path while installed in fedora server?

thank you very much

Hi, did you ensure the emby system user can see it? Have you taken a look at this?

Cristoforo

Hi Luke and thanks for the support,

I know permissions how it works on linux and as i have wrote before i have also add the 'emby' user as the owner of all folders inside the path  /home/chris/  but i cant select any folder inside there to add to my library

i have also add emby user to join the 'chris' group but again nothing happens.

with emby server on fedora i can only choose folders to add to my emby library that resides before the path /home/chris.

Permit me to repeat that there is no problem using the same configuration but on another Distro (Debian) ...i have done no modifications to permissions..

i open the local webpage of emby server after installed while and i was able to find all the fodlers inside the path /home/chris and use them on my emby library.

thank you