Failure to connect error on my samsung TV

yauluhim

yauluhim

Hi!

First time poster here. Hope you can help :)

I own a samsung smart tv with emby installed.

I have the server installed on my windows 10 pc. I opened the relevant port both on my router and the windows firewall app, but when i try to connect on my tv, it says failure to connect.

I Attached the server log. Hopw this helps.

Thank you for any help

embyserver.txt

Hello yauluhim,

** This is an auto reply **

Please wait for someone from staff support or our members to reply to you.

It's recommended to provide more info, as it explain in this thread:

Thank you.

Emby Team

Hi, how did you try to connect from the Samsung TV? Did you enter your server address into the Emby Samsung app? What did you enter?

yauluhim

Thanks for replying!

OK- so after i installed the samsung app, the wizard started and i entered the PIN number it generated to the emby.media/pin adress. the next screen on the samsung app showed two options: add a server and connect using emby connect which took me back to the PIN number screen.

I chose add a server. On my pc, the emby dashbored shows two IP adresses: the In-Home (LAN) access and Remote (WAN) access. I entered and in-home number in the samsung app and chose connect. The samsung app loaded for a few seconds and then showed the connection failure message.

I have the relevant port opened both on my router and windows firewall so i'm completely clueless as to why this is not working.

I hope i gave enough info.

Thanks again!

Have you been able to connect from other devices before? Are you able to connect to your server web interface using the web browser on a smart phone?

yauluhim

No i wasn't. I connected to my home wifi network on my smartphone (Android based), started the emby app, entered my in-home ip address and still got connection failure. Can it be that my port isnt open after all?

yauluhim

Oh my god! I found the solution! My network profile was public instead of private! How could i be so stupid 😆🤦‍♂️

Thank you for all your help :)

• Thanks 1