Guide missing channels, unable to fully refresh

sakle2k

sakle2k

Our channel guide is missing channels 502 - 507. I checked the mapped channels, and those channels are no longer listed. When I tried to refresh the guide data, the progress bar only gets to about 15% and disappears. I tried to re-add the data source, but I still couldn't refresh and I'm unable to remove the duplicate data source that I added. When I click the 3 dots when hovering over the Emby Guide Data entries to get to the menu to delete it, the fields for the page to select the lineup overlays on top of the current page, but the menu that should display does not. This "overlay" occurs on some of the other pages within the setup as well and interferes with the functionality.

I took a look at the latest log file and there's definitely something going on. Amongst other things, there are over 400 lines referring to "Creating recording timer for Friends", yet there is no scheduled recording for that show.

I've attached some screen shot as well as the server log.

@cayars

Thanks, 

Les

Channel Guide.png

Guide Data Sources.png

Mapped Channels.png

Menu Overlay.png

embyserver.txt

sakle2k

Update (still have problem): 

The overlay issue only occurs in the Windows app. It's fine in the browser and I was able to get to the menu from clicking the 3 dots and deleting both data sources. I added it back in, but it still gets stuck when refreshing and disappears.

sakle2k

Update 2 (partially solved): 

I took a closer look at the mapped channels and realized they're out of order. I manually moved them back to the correct position and confirmed they are where they should be in the guide. So, a few questions:

1. What would make the channel order change?
  2. Are you aware of the overlay issue in the Emby Windows app?
  3. Any idea why all of those "Creating recording timer for Friends" entries are in the log file (attached in the first post)?

1. Are you aware of the overlay issue in the Emby Windows app?

hi, yes we're looking into it.

We'd have to go over a specific example.

1. Any idea why all of those "Creating recording timer for Friends" entries are in the log file (attached in the first post)?

Have you created a series recording for friends? Check the Series tab in Live TV.

7 hours ago, sakle2k said:

Update 2 (partially solved): 

I took a closer look at the mapped channels and realized they're out of order. I manually moved them back to the correct position and confirmed they are where they should be in the guide. So, a few questions:

2. Are you aware of the overlay issue in the Emby Windows app?
  3. Any idea why all of those "Creating recording timer for Friends" entries are in the log file (attached in the first post)?

I was going to suggest two things.  First since you're using an HDHomeRun Prime you can open this at http://10.0.0.14 and view your channels.
I favorite all stations I want so that I can skip SD and only get the HD channels.  In Emby I check the import favorites.

You can choose the default channel order in the guide by clicking on the 3 dot menu from web.
Luke already covered the series.

image.png.1c26fde93b3541ccb60462cf930e2639.png

sakle2k
1 hour ago, cayars said:

I was going to suggest two things.  First since you're using an HDHomeRun Prime you can open this at http://10.0.0.14 and view your channels.
I favorite all stations I want so that I can skip SD and only get the HD channels.  In Emby I check the import favorites.

You can choose the default channel order in the guide by clicking on the 3 dot menu from web.
Luke already covered the series.

image.png.1c26fde93b3541ccb60462cf930e2639.png

Thanks. I did have my favorite channels set in the Homerun. And I've just changed the channel sort order to "Channel number" which now displays them correctly. I was just wondering why it had suddenly changed.

• Like 1

sakle2k
8 hours ago, Luke said:
  1. Any idea why all of those "Creating recording timer for Friends" entries are in the log file (attached in the first post)?

Have you created a series recording for friends? Check the Series tab in Live TV.

I just saw that there were 4 entries under the series tab which I've just removed. I'm not sure how, but my wife sometimes accidently creates a scheduled recording. She said she didn't realize that they were scheduled.

• Thanks 1