Lost images after 7.6.1.0

bjjones

bjjones

I seem to have lost lots of images after upgrading. I lost all the TV show ones and several movie ones. Did a scan and replace all images and got most back and hand added or corrected the few that were wrong and they now all show up correctly in the browser window that were added in from and everything looks correct and back to normal.

Now, the strange part. If I log in from a different browser (same acct), or Emby Theater, or from the Emby android tv app several of the screen tiles are missing both on the home screen and on the category screens (Movies, kids Movies). Selecting the item it has it's artwork there and trying to edit the missing ones image data individually they already have the artwork there, it just doesn't show.

Examples below. System is Synology, DSM 7.1, Emby server synology7 x64 4.7.1.0 if the mods want to move it over as a synology problem rather than general

not_missing.jpg

missing.jpg

Theater.jpg

home_screen.jpg

Edited by bjjones

HI there, please attach the emby server log from when you tried to pull up these images. Thanks.

Happy2Play
24 minutes ago, bjjones said:

Luke, I shut the server down, restarted it and then duplicated the different players to give you a shorter log to sort through, same behavior

embyserver_short.txt 263.95 kB · 0 downloads

First it looks like you need to correct the permissions issues you have on your custom /metadata and /cache path to "/volume4/EmbyFast/".  Cache is failing due to permissions.

Access to the path '/volume4/EmbyFast/cache/tmdb-movies2/337339/all-en.json' is denied.

But with cache folder issue that creates image conversion issue for metadata folder.

bjjones

Thanks Happy, but the Emby system internal user has R/W permissions for the EmbyFast folder (and is also the owner) which are inherited down to the cache and metadata folders. If it didn't I'm pretty sure I'd have even bigger problems than a few tiles

EmbyFast_perm.jpg

EmbyFast folders.jpg

bjjones

Also @Luke, there's not much of the log I understand but at the top where it has Info Main lines and the paths, the transcode path displays incorrectly as the default even though it's moved to EmbyFast as well. I just played something that required transcoding to confirm where it goes. It went to EmbyFast as configured.

paths.jpg

FrostByte

Did you also check the file permissions?  Emby has read/write to the share, but that doesn't necessarily mean it also has read/write at the file level.

bjjones

I found searching around that Luke mentioned he posted updated 4.7.1.0 versions so I downloaded it again and the file sizes were different by 100k, Installed it but it still showed the same sub version -704070100.  I restarted the NAS clean and started replace all images. This AM everything was there across all three clients. Not saying somehow permissions didn't get messed up but don't understand how on 1 client everything showed, on another some were missing, and different ones were missing on a 3rd. I did see that the emby web clients were 2 different versions. Anyway, close this one out something along the way fixed it and it's back to normal and thanks for everyone's help.

And oh Luke, part 2 about the transcoding path showing up as the default in the log when it's not is still present as above. Just verified it again

• Thanks 2