Server update with auto update turned off.

Phone Guy

Phone Guy

I am using Windows Media Center and emby, as I have for many years.  I have a main server and 3 clients (other windows htpc on other tvs).  It was suggested not to update the server so I do not and I have turned off all I could find about updating (in server).  Recently my clients keep asking to restart server to complete install.  As far as I know, there should be no update.  I have answered yes, and even restarted the server machine (and emby server) itself... I am still seeing this message.

My current server is 4.6.7.0

Hi, I would check your server dashboard as it might just be plugin updates.

Phone Guy

Its say port mapper updated. Its at v1.1.7 and has updated with increase in version numbers for several days now, starting on May 6 at v 1.0.9

with today June 1 saying v1.1.7 (at least thats all thats in the alerts section) Can I disable to warning I'm getting on the MCE client? I have said yes to the restarts many times, but in all fairness its version numbers are increasing, so maybe those are legit updates, and I have no clue what they are or what it is? :)

image.png.b291a42b9bb5a7bec15a8cf425d7bd02.png

5 minutes ago, Phone Guy said:

The restart server on the mce client

I would take a look at the options in the client. That sort of thing is bound to be configurable but I don't recall for sure. In any event, if you wanted to check out our newer Emby Theater app:

https://emby.media/emby-theater.html

It is designed to replace WMC and doesn't have that kind of prompt.