No audio reproduced and play restarts

alessandro75

alessandro75

Hello

i am an happy Emby premiere user since couple of weeks (despite some bugs) wouldn't go back to Plex honestly.

I am also experiencing some streange bugs.. on multiple fresh ubuntu installs, (nothing chanmged), i tried to investigate it but.. to my knowledge couldn't find anything wrong in the logs.

First, many direct play movies have no audio for the windows emby app and browser (edge),  on the emby android app, its working, if i transcode, audio its working.. usually seems dolby ac3 the most problematic.

Second, and again many movie have playback restarts.. like 2 , 3 , 4 times.. then may be play for few minutes then go to minute zero again, however without any specific rule, at some point they keep playing without issues.

from standard logs i cant find anything useful (i think)

if you guys want suggest me different logs settings i might include them in my next answer.

Thanks

alessandro75

ok .. wanted to add that, all the above is not happening on the windows main app, but on the windows store app..

Problems are still present in Edge.

Thanks

alessandro75
3 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi there @alessandro75 can we please look at an example?

Thanks !

hello ! sure !

for example.. this movie like others anyway, its playing direct with no audio inside the Emby microsoft store app, but, playing direct as well with audio on edge, emby windows..

Also focus more on the skip problem.. as i tried my best to explain it before..

this is happening inside browsers like edge and firefox and the microsoft store app.. Emby windows main program, wich i use less.. honestly works good 99,5% of the times.

Movie starts, direct play or transcoding, doeasnt matter.. few seconds and go back at the beginning.. again play few seconds and repeat.. then again play for some little longer may be and repeat.. then suddenly play without stopping.

please let me know what kind of log you need.... and i will reproduce them

1.jpg

2.jpg