Continue Watching not working as expected with Release 4.7.0/4.7.1

Beroli

Beroli

Last week, I updated my Synology DS420+ server to Emby 4.7.0.  I started noticing some unexpected results with my Continue Watching section.  Yesterday, I updated to release 4.7.1 hoping that the issue would be resolved.  Unfortunately, I have the same issue.

Example, I am re-watching How I Met Your Mother.  I am watching the episodes in season/episode order.  I have finished season 1 and am currently watching season 2 episodes.  I reset all the Played indicators on the show to Played and then Unplayed.  Then I marked Season 1 as Played and the first six episodes of season 2 as Played.  My next episode should be Season 2 Episode 7.  It is marked as Unplayed (as are all the episodes after it).  Instead, Continue Watching is showing Season 3 Episode 8. 

Everything was working as expected with Release 4.6.7.

Beroli

Really confused about where I am supposed to report bugs with the new release.  I will move this to the General/Windows thread even though I am using synology.

Beroli

Last week, I updated my Synology DS420+ server to Emby 4.7.0.  I started noticing some unexpected results with my Continue Watching section.  Yesterday, I updated to release 4.7.1 hoping that the issue would be resolved.  Unfortunately, I have the same issue.

Example, I am re-watching How I Met Your Mother.  I am watching the episodes in season/episode order.  I have finished season 1 and am currently watching season 2 episodes.  I reset all the Played indicators on the show to Played and then Unplayed.  Then I marked Season 1 as Played and the first six episodes of season 2 as Played.  My next episode should be Season 2 Episode 7.  It is marked as Unplayed (as are all the episodes after it).  Instead, Continue Watching is showing Season 3 Episode 8. 

Everything was working as expected with Release 4.6.7.

15 hours ago, Beroli said:

My next episode should be Season 2 Episode 7.  It is marked as Unplayed (as are all the episodes after it).  Instead, Continue Watching is showing Season 3 Episode 8. 

Okay, so start playing season 2 episode 6 for just a few seconds and then stop it.  Does CW now show what you expect?

Beroli

Because I do not use a Windows machine for my server.  I use synology.  The heading for this thread is General/Windows.

22 minutes ago, Beroli said:

Because I do not use a Windows machine for my server.  I use synology.  The heading for this thread is General/Windows.

Okay, don't sweat exactly where to place a post too much as we can get it in the right area for you if necessary.

This looks like a problem with the server regardless of platform so the "general" forum is correct.

Thanks.

Beroli

I see that you split this from my naming convention posts.  I just wanted to add that when I changed the naming convention for How I Met Your Mother (as well as a few other series that I was having problems with), the continue watching issue was also fixed.

• Thanks 1

Beroli

I updated to 4.7.2 this morning and rebuilt my library.  Everything seems fine now.

Thanks for the resolution!

• Thanks 1