New Emby version .ASS subtitles problem

oldones

oldones

Essa nova versão deixou as legendas ASS desta forma, sempre utilizei o formato ASS pq o formato SRT deforma as linhas na minha TV Samsung, como posso resolver?

Sem título111.png

pwhodges

What characters are the missing ones?  Does the media file include the necessary fonts?  Is the playback direct or transcoded?  Showing us the Emby logs might help, too:

Paul

oldones
9 hours ago, BillOatman said:

Or maybe convert ASS to SRT

I use ASS. because the SRT multi-lines are not displayed correctly for me in my TV

oldones
On 5/29/2022 at 4:09 PM, pwhodges said:

What characters are the missing ones?  Does the media file include the necessary fonts?  Is the playback direct or transcoded?  Showing us the Emby logs might help, too:

Paul

the characters are "é" and "á"... portuguese... here are the log files... 

Sem título.png

Edited by oldones

HI there, can you please attach the complete emby server and ffmpeg logs rather than a screenshot of the log files? Thanks !

oldones
18 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi there, how are your .ass subtitle files named?

Hi, I was watching "Ran"... the name of the subtitle file was "ran.ass"... I believe it is a problem with subtitles in portuguese, with words with accents "é, à, í, ã"

oldones
6 hours ago, Luke said:

Try naming the subtitle file using the language in the file name:

https://support.emby.media/support/solutions/articles/44001159160-subtitles

This will help the server determine the correct encoding of the file.

I encoded the subtitle in UTF 8 with-BOM using the subtitleedit, the characters are show correctly now, but the subtitle don't sync in Emby... so... when I use the encode "Europa - Windows" the subtitles sync correctly but the characters don't show correctly... I think it is a problem with subtitles in portuguese only...

Sem título.png

On 6/1/2022 at 8:54 PM, oldones said:

I encoded the subtitle in UTF 8 with-BOM using the subtitleedit, the characters are show correctly now, but the subtitle don't sync in Emby... so... when I use the encode "Europa - Windows" the subtitles sync correctly but the characters don't show correctly... I think it is a problem with subtitles in portuguese only...

Sem título.png

Did you try naming the file how I suggested?