Hitting a lot of problems with LiveTV while utlilizing M3U

AboveUnrefined

AboveUnrefined

Hello,

I'm not sure if this is Roku dependent or not, I just use what's built in to the TVs I have and I just know things have worked great for the longest time until recently.

All of the sudden, I'm hitting a lot of these situations where I have to restart the server in order to continue watching IPTV streams. I have a service employed that only allows for one stream at a time. When things fail, it's like the single stream was set under arrest and I can no longer watch any other streams until I restart the server. Things clear up, but then it might clog up again for whatever reason and then I have to restart it again. I'd be alright with this occasionally, but it's happening A LOT and it seems to be happening every time I just want to relax and just watch TV. It was fine up until the past month, something changed... I noticed the Roku beta app was zapped out, is there something to do with that? I do use the beta channel for the server and docker...

I'm just trying to get back to sanity with the issues I've been seeing, if someone else pointed this out, please thread this complaint in -- it's just getting very much annoying and I'm just at a loss what it might be that's wrong on my end...

The problem that's going on with this particular issue is that I'll encounter a sudden loop back in time while watching content - while the content plays it'll hit a loading prompt indefinitely. After that,  it might just stay indefinitely at that loading prompt OR it might quit out ALTOGETHER. It might sometimes QUIT emby and bring me to the home screen on Roku. Other times, it'll bring me back to the guide, or it'll just be stuck at the loading screen.

I'd appreciate any help on trying to get this straightened out. Things were perfect for nearly a year, now all of the sudden I'm getting this. -- I'm seeing other problems that I think I'll make another thread on.

Hi.  The root of the issue is probably in the source streams causing more errors or "blips" than maybe they used to.  The Roku player is very intolerant to this type of thing.

Any time it appears to stick on the loading screen, be sure you exit by using the back button on the remote and not the home button. That will give us the highest chance of the server being able to clean up properly and release the stream.

AboveUnrefined
47 minutes ago, ebr said:

Hi.  The root of the issue is probably in the source streams causing more errors or "blips" than maybe they used to.  The Roku player is very intolerant to this type of thing.

Any time it appears to stick on the loading screen, be sure you exit by using the back button on the remote and not the home button. That will give us the highest chance of the server being able to clean up properly and release the stream.

I've done this and sometimes it'll work but recently it'll be most of the time it doesn't work and I'll have to restart the server. It was not this bad up until about a month ago. I never had to restart the server until recently and it's happening a lot. There has been no difference in the reliability of the streams being used, so something seems to have changed that's making things worse with being resilient.

I did just change the client settings to not allow passthrough of streams so I'm hoping maybe that setting somehow got flipped around and that setting this to false might solve this issue and the other issue I've been hitting.

AboveUnrefined
On 5/29/2022 at 10:18 AM, AboveUnrefined said:

I've done this and sometimes it'll work but recently it'll be most of the time it doesn't work and I'll have to restart the server. It was not this bad up until about a month ago. I never had to restart the server until recently and it's happening a lot. There has been no difference in the reliability of the streams being used, so something seems to have changed that's making things worse with being resilient.

I did just change the client settings to not allow passthrough of streams so I'm hoping maybe that setting somehow got flipped around and that setting this to false might solve this issue and the other issue I've been hitting.

Changing the setting to not allow passthrough seems to have helped with stopping the lock on the single stream, I haven't had to restart the server since posting this -- I might have to wait about 30 seconds or so at max to resume streams but I am back at an acceptable usage scenario given the situation.

Having to restart the server was _killing_ me since it was basically hands off for a while... I'm ok with it now -- things still aren't perfect but it's fine now that I don't need to restart server anymore.

• Thanks 1