Can You Use PDFs with emby?

Music100

Music100

I am trying to add PDF files to emby but I don't see them showing up in my library after adding them and scanning.

It's my understanding from different threads that one can add PDFs to emby and one can read them using an external reader (like Acrobat).

I've tried adding PDFs to several mixed content folders and scanning, but emby does not indicate that there are any PDFs in my library.

Is there some special setting or action necessary to use a PDF file?

Here's one example of why this would be useful: you've downloaded a digital album and have a PDF booklet that goes with it.

I am running emby on a Windows x64 server and primarily using Google Chrome as a client.  I'd be thankful for direction on how to use PDFs.

Cheers,

Zak

Edited by Music100

Hi, you need to use the Books content type. They are not supported in mixed content libraries at this time.

Music100

Thank you for this, Luke.

I made a Books content type library pointing to the file folder wherein I have these PDFs and scanned but nothing has shown up.

This same folder location with PDFs is also being used as the file folder for a "Mixed Content" library.   Would that be a problem - specifically, to have two different types of libraries pointed at the same file folder location?  

Thank you,

Zak

Would that be a problem - specifically, to have two different types of libraries pointed at the same file folder location?  

Yes this is currently  not supported, although we'd like to be able to accommodate it in future updates. Thanks.

• Thanks 1

Music100

Okay Luke, I put the PDFs in a different folder and it works.  Appreciated.  - Zak

• Thanks 1