Organize New Media Files Failed - Name length reading incorrectly?

Fieperskaivu

Fieperskaivu

Hi,

I've been using the Organize New Media feature since it released and set it up with no problems. Love the feature, worked great from then until now. I'm currently unable to resolve the following issue:

Organize new media files failed.

4 minutes ago

The specified path, file name, or both are too long. The fully qualified file name must be less than 260 characters, and the directory name must be less than 248 characters.

I have run programs to check the file length of every single file on my NAS, both the ones MB3 is pointing to and otherwise, and the maximum length of any file path is 205 characters, well below 248. Is there anything else that can present this error message that I can do to solve it? Or a way to find out which file it's somehow thinking is too long?

Thanks!

Fieperskaivu

No one else having this issue? Is there a log file at all that will tell me the file it's having issues with? Surprised it breaks the whole thing instead of just not working for one file, either way like I said I've scanned it and have no file paths over 205 characters

Happy2Play

Is there a log file at all that will tell me the file it's having issues with?

C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\logs

or

%appdata%\MediaBrowser-Server\logs

How to Report a Problem

Edited by Happy2Play
  • Like 1

Fieperskaivu

This issue resolved after updating to the latest release, however I will report issues using that guide in the future. Thanks!

• 1 month later...
dimitrik

I'm having the exact same problem. Unfortunately I'm on the latest version of the server so updating doesn't seem to have solved the problem.

I tried altering tyhe path to something shorter, but it seems to fail 50% of the time at random (in any case my original path was hardly 248 characters long).

Needs a fix...

Edited by dimitrik

It may seem like it but I can assure you it isn't random.  Also the file names in play are not just the ones you create directly.

For instance, have you moved any of your default folder locations for things such as the cache or IBN?

Posting a log with the error may provide a clue.