Full-screen question

MikeB111

MikeB111

I'm running Emby Theater on a home-build HTPC, it is connected by HDMI to an Onkyo TX-NR696 receiver, then from the receiver to my LG TV by HDMI.

I use Emby Theater for all my TV watching and would like to have it remain full-screen all the time.  I control it using a programmable remote control, so I can program macros or hotkeys.  When the computer is restarted it does not usually start in full-screen mode, but that's not a huge issue as it only restarts once a week so I can just grab my mouse to fix that.  Otherwise the computer stays on all the time.

But here's my issue.  Whenever I turn off the receiver it takes Emby Theater out of full screen mode.  So then next time I turn on the TV I have to grab my mouse to put it back into full screen mode.  I assume it has something to do with the computer no longer seeing an active HDMI connection, but I'm not positive.  Is this something that could be fixed?

Also, I am unable to find any way to put Theater into full screen mode by keyboard.  The support page here says "F" puts it into full screen mode, but this only works while playing a video, it does not work while browsing the menus or interface.  Normal windows hotkeys like Window-up and F11 do not work also.  If I could find a hotkey I could program my remote with this so that I could at least fix the issue with a button press without having to get out my mouse (which I don't use for anything else so I like to have put away).  Super annoying.

Anyways, thanks for reading.  Anyone have any ideas on how to either keep Theater in full screen mode or put it in full screen mode by keyboard shortcut?

Hi, you can also double click anywhere in the header to toggle full screen. We're working on a new windows app that shouldn't have this issue anymore.