Why Subtitles stay middle of the screen on android phone?

nullboy

nullboy

Emby server version: 4.6.7.0

Emby android version: 3.2.47

android device: Mi 11

The first two pictures was on Mi 11,by contrast The third  picturte was 1.thumb.jpg.bf92b18e946f395446287d6ce3ab4770.jpg2.thumb.jpg.acf5feae2e795d5b4f2e2725785b6290.jpg3.thumb.png.f6d9f745b646814ddda28ca934fcf937.png  on pc 

Hi, the position is probably embedded into the subtitles, and the web app doesn't fully support that so that's why it's at the bottom middle. That would be my guess at least.

• 3 months later...
HeavensFall
On 5/28/2022 at 9:29 AM, Luke said:

Hi, the position is probably embedded into the subtitles, and the web app doesn't fully support that so that's why it's at the bottom middle. That would be my guess at least.

I have the same problem. The phone I'm using is a Pixel 3XL and the app was downloaded directly from Google Play Store. The problem occurs very frequently when the subtitle is in srt format, either embedded or external. The only solution I have discovered so far is to turn off the subtitle before playing the video, and then turn on the subtitle once the video is playing. I have just started to use Emby so I am not sure if it is a new bug or if it has been there for years.

Screenshot_20220904-164516.png

Screenshot_20220904-164648.png

solution.png

• Agree 1

• 4 weeks later...

+1 to this.

This happens both on Android TV and Android Mobile. It looks like the subtitles are only using the top left 1/4 of the screen.

24 minutes ago, lolque said:

+1 to this.

This happens both on Android TV and Android Mobile. It looks like the subtitles are only using the top left 1/4 of the screen.

Hi, can you show a screenshot example? Thanks.

In scenes where the subtitles would normally display at the top, they show up at the top left of the screen.

If you were to crop the screenshot to only use the top 1/4 of the screen, ignoring the video, the subtitles would be placed and sized perfectly.

pwhodges

Are these PGS subtitles?  There may be issues (being worked on) with detecting the resolution of those to match it with the actual video.

Paul

Can you provide a sample video for testing? Is it direct playing or is the server transcoding ?

• 2 weeks later...
HeavensFall
On 10/7/2022 at 12:26 AM, Luke said:

Can you provide a sample video for testing? Is it direct playing or is the server transcoding ?

I feel like the problem might be gone after the latest app update. But I can't further verify it because my pixel phone was water damaged and completely dead. Now I am using another android phone and I haven't seen the problem reoccur for a while, but I am not sure if it is because of the latest update or because I changed my phone. For me, the problem happened when it was direct playing, and here is the video where one of my screenshots came from: https://nyaa.si/view/1549698. I don't think it is related to specific videos though since this problem used to happen almost 10 out of 10 times as long as the subtitles are in srt format.

Edited by HeavensFall
  • Thanks 1