Recording type wrong

pünktchen

pünktchen

Okay, now that the live tv plugins only act as tuner, i thought just give a emby a chance.
On what happens? The first one off recording of the movie Bad Times at the El Royale and Emby records it as a series?! And that although the genre and the Emby category are both Movie?! Oh man, that is so disapointing, so bad 😒image.thumb.png.fda350801feaa58364c7a230dd65a53f.png

image.png.87e7852e7048558982bc991da0e09a33.png

image.png.52350cd145aa41e4cd3ef423baadcc04.png

Hi, please attach the server log from the time of the recording. Thanks.

If it's tuner guide data coming from mediaportal, I'm pretty sure this is due to the hacking of program data by setting IsSeries=true on everything.

That should be removed there will be things checking that value and expecting it to be accurate. At least set it to false when you know that it's a movie.

This was done a long time ago for reasons that are no longer applicable today, and keyword based recordings are going to land very soon.

pünktchen
8 hours ago, Luke said:

If it's tuner guide data coming from mediaportal, I'm pretty sure this is due to the hacking of program data by setting IsSeries=true on everything.

I do that is because the series schedule button in Emby is depending on either IsSeries or IndexNumber. With DVB epg you don't get episode numbers or something that tells you the program is a series. How to create a series schedule in Emby then without setting all to IsSeries?

1 hour ago, pünktchen said:

I do that is because the series schedule button in Emby is depending on either IsSeries or IndexNumber. With DVB epg you don't get episode numbers or something that tells you the program is a series. How to create a series schedule in Emby then without setting all to IsSeries?

Asking the opposite question - why did you expect Emby to treat it as anything other than a series when you were forcing everything to say it was a series?

emveepee

We were forced to because of this issue in Live TV plugins since the backends don't need this flag

Edited by emveepee
  • Like 1

Just now, emveepee said:

We were forced to because of this issue in Live TV plugins since the backends don't need this flag

That's fine but that's not the question I asked...

Punktchen started this thread stating that Emby's logic was "so disappointing, so bad" but Emby was doing exactly what it was told to do.

emveepee

I expect the disappointment would be with old style plugins it worked and the functionality is now lost.

Martin

• Agree 1

pünktchen
29 minutes ago, emveepee said:

I expect the disappointment would be with old style plugins it worked and the functionality is now lost.

Martin

Absolutely! With the old style plugins it didn't matter for the recording in the backend if something in the Emby guide was marked with IsSeries. It only had an impact to the availabilty of the series schedule button in Emby.

pünktchen
1 hour ago, ebr said:

Asking the opposite question - why did you expect Emby to treat it as anything other than a series when you were forcing everything to say it was a series?

I'm repeating myself. I expect Emby to allow us to create series schedules without any precondition on the guide data.

2 hours ago, pünktchen said:

I'm repeating myself. I expect Emby to allow us to create series schedules without any precondition on the guide data.

So you expect the system to ignore the inputs its given?

pünktchen

Are you kidding me? Do you even read what i've posted? I expect that the system doesn't need a qualifier to allow series schedules then i would never set IsSeries to all program data.

I expect that the system doesn't need a qualifier to allow series schedules

You're right. You should be able to record everything as a series, mostly. I'm just not sure that using the data to accomplish this by pretending everything is a series is the right way to do it.

(Or maybe it is). It's something that needs review.