Best way to play Bluray rips - TMT6 not really working

climbingmike

climbingmike

Hello All

I have been using Media Browser Classic for a few years and I love it. The only problem is that the hole media pc solution never seems to working properly, there is always something not working quite right :(

I sat down today to try and fix the latest problem I have been having which is that when I watch my bluray rips though Media Browser, which uses Totalmedia Theater 6 it crashes after I pause the film.

After reading online Totalmedia 6 is now no longer produced I don't know what to do. I have lots of full bluray rips which I have made using AnyDVD. I like have full uncompressed disks and that's why I use Totalmedia 6 because it let me use all the menus and extras on the rips.  

Does any know one know if my issue with Totalmedia 6 can be fixed? If not what is the bast way to view my Bluray rip within MB3? Any help with this would be much appreciated. I know my media PC has the potential to be a great solution its just not quite there yet. 

Many thanks

MIke

Spaceboy

Use makemkv to rip the disc to a 1:1 copy, you can choose to drop unneeded subs and audio tracks. Rip all the extras as well if you like, I use blu-Ray.com for detail, put them in an extras subfolder. That's it!

Koleckai Silvestri

I use MakeMKV to get a 1:1 copy of the movie and any extras that I want. Then play that directly in the Media Browser clients without problems. If you need to mux it to an MP4 container for personal preference, you can use Handbrake. Handbrake can also reduce the bit rate of the video to "compress" it for mobile devices if you wish.

http://www.makemkv.com/

https://handbrake.fr/

climbingmike

Thank you for the info.

I have tried to make some MKV's from my existing collection but it is creating me individual MKV files of film and the other video file and loosing the menus. Is there a way to encapsulate the hole bluray into 1 MKV file with all the menus?

Also is there a way to automate this process? I have about 150 blurays on my PC and will need to convert them all to MKV.

Many thanks

MIke

Koleckai Silvestri

Is there a specific reason you need the menus? The Media Browser clients builds detail screens, menus and access to special features right in its interface. Often with more information and better images than provided on a disc. If you need the menus though, you'll need to try the more expensive clients out there until you find one that works for you.

The Baron

I'll second the MakeMKV/Handbrake option.

Alternatively, if you want to pay a few dollars, you could go for DVDFabHD. It makes use of CUDA and Quicksync, so it has the advantage of being quick to rip disks.

Deathsquirrel

You can't keep the full disc experience and have fewer problems.  You're introducing more software and that guarantees more issues.

I'm afraid you'll have to pick between having the same disc experience and have a stable, consistent UI for all your movies.

I use BD and DVD folder rips with MPC-HC as the external player. I switched to this from TMT5 and it works a treat. I don't use menus though so no idea if MPC supports it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

climbingmike

I like to have the full disk image because I like it to be the same as if I put the disk into my PC and secondly because with AnyDVD I just put the disk in and it does it all for me :)

There really annoying thing this that TMT6 is so close. If I just my keyboard and load any of my films through TMT6 it works fine. Its only when I use TMT6 through MB3 it crashes after you try to replay the movie after I have paused it. This is the same if I use the desktop version or the media centrer version of TMT6. I just need to identify why it does this and I will have a stable solution, but for ages now it has alluded me  :(

Many thanks

MIke

I use BD and DVD folder rips with MPC-HC as the external player. I switched to this from TMT5 and it works a treat. I don't use menus though so no idea if MPC supports it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It does not.