Standalone "Now Playing" w/ Button

Dreakon13

Dreakon13

Dunno about you guys, but I occasionally like to pop into my server dashboard from the phone app and see what's happening.  On Plex, I think that's probably one of the bigger selling points of Plex Dash and Tautulli, easy access to viewing what is currently playing on the server.

With Emby, you have to jump through a few hoops to get to the dashboard (on the mobile app at least), and once you get there, you have to scroll around kind of awkwardly through the general server info and Alert sections, to find what's currently playing.

Has there been any consideration made to maybe giving the Now Playing part of the dashboard its own tab in the server management area, possibly with a button on the front page of the web and mobile apps to quickly hop to it.  Maybe make it look all slick and nice, stack different activity items on top of eachother and get a lot of interesting info into that smaller space.

Just a thought.

(Screenshot is of web app just for convenience, but I picture something like this in the mobile app too.  That's a "play" looking button that'd take you into a nice dedicated Now Playing area)

image.thumb.png.f24a532531370cfdb1f69bd6f11f0112.png

Edited by Dreakon13

I don't know if we need another icon up there but maybe if we just put it ahead of the activity section then you'd see it without scrolling.

Dreakon13

So on the mobile app, it currently goes:

Server Info (name, version, LAN/remote paths, etc)

Alerts

Now Playing

Activity

I think it could be helpful if Now Playing came before Alerts.

I can understand about not wanting another icon, though I'd personally like the ability to just hop to it on the mobile app (which is where I'd typically view it since I always have my phone on me).  Currently you have to click the little person icon on the top, make sure you go to Manage Emby Server and not App Settings, then scroll.  It'd save a few clicks.  Obviously not a priority but just my wishful thinking.

Even if we added this, it would be for larger screens only, so you'd still have to go through the menu on your phone.

Dreakon13

I feel like making the current activity more accessible would be a value add, so whether its streamlining the mobile app to reduce clicks or just positioning it closer to the top of the server dashboard, I'd take it.  Personally.