Membership ending?

Raleblue
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

Raleblue

Hello, again me. Obviously i am new to Emby. A question. Is there any option where i can write down for a user (in his profil or somwehere) how long lasts his membership so he can see it by itself?

Sammy

The only "membership" is that of the Emby Server and it isn't even a membership; it is a software license, a subscription.

• Solution
2 hours ago, Raleblue said:

Hello, again me. Obviously i am new to Emby. A question. Is there any option where i can write down for a user (in his profil or somwehere) how long lasts his membership so he can see it by itself?

Hi, users on your server exist for as long as you want them to, until you decide to delete them or revoke their access. Does this answer your question?

Raleblue

Not really, I know what you mean. I wanted that the users can see in their profile how long their supscription is and when it ends.

pwhodges

Emby has no concept of a user "subscription", so inevitably it won't have any means to show it.

I presume this subscription is something you are charging your users, so you will have to find your own way to manage that.

Paul

Raleblue

thanks for answer. I just asked if there is an option, it's not necessary. It's a smal website with not many subscribers so we have to do it on our own and contact the users.

Greetings

• Thanks 1

Junglejim
4 hours ago, crusher11 said:

Isn't that a violation of Emby's ToS? 

If it's not it should be.. and I hope it is! 🤨 Broadcasting copyrighted content is highly illegal in most countries, even to family and friends. If caught you you can do jail time.

But the big kicker here is he's charging a sub fee.. LOL 😄. This is the type of user that has the potential to bring down this app!

Also nice one @Luke for thanking this *****! You also have no idea!

Edited by GrimReaper
Stay civil, pls

Raleblue

Who says i am charging to a small group of friends and family. That's just for them because i wanted to have a option month by month. There is no charging fee for my family and friends bro.

Junglejim
9 minutes ago, Raleblue said:

Who says i am charging to a small group of friends and family. That's just for them because i wanted to have a option month by month. There is no charging fee for my family and friends bro.

If they are a group of friends and family there is no need for this request.. LOL They are trusted people you have invited to your server!

(month by month) what is that shit? They are invited to use your server yes? Your full of shit mate!

If you are selling subscriptions to (or even if not selling but just making available) your Emby server to anyone outside your household, then you MUST own the rights to distribute whatever content you are providing or this is a violation of the Emby ToS.