Time Played no longer available after 4.7 upgrade

bman212121

bman212121

I cannot seem to find any information on this one, but it appears there was a silent change made during the UI reconfiguration with the latest big update. I don't have a screenshot from prior, but any time an episode was only partially played, it would display the time played as part of the resume button. It would either say "Resume from (Time)" or Play from Beginning. It appears the play from beginning is now buried in the 3 dot menu, but I cannot seem to find anything for time played.

Is there a way to display time played instead of time remaining? It's far more useful to know how far you are into a program if there are encoding issues. With OTA TV it's not uncommon to have to restart the file over again, and skip past a part that causes the transcoder to fail. You could see hours, minutes, seconds so you could just skip 30 seconds ahead from where you were by scrubbing to that point.

Emby Change 4.7.png

GrimReaper

Unfortunately, with the new design language, "Resume from" time has been lost and we've got "remaining" time, which IMHO is nowhere as useful as previous iteration was. It could've easily been placed in front of progress bar and it would've been far more informative.