URGENT HELP REQUIRED

Macca500

Macca500

Hi everyone. I'm not sure this is the right forum but I am needed help accessing my emby (running off nas media center with unraid through kodi)

All of this was set up for me by a friend however he is snowed under with work and unable to help. I have very little knowledge on how it runs etc but basically -

I have a purpose built media centre which is on my network. I run kodi on my tv to watch it and recently had it set up to access remotely via emby. my media center decided to pack it in and has been replaced. I can see the media center on my network and access it at home on the tv through kodi however emby wont work remotely or on my network at all with the IP address that is designated to the media center.

My router is a netgear Nighthawk X4S D7800.

Is anyone able to give a step by step guide on what i need to do in very very simple terms please as I have about as much IT knowledge as a jar of mayonnaise

Thanks for the help

Hello Macca500,

** This is an auto reply **

Please wait for someone from staff support or our members to reply to you.

It's recommended to provide more info, as it explain in this thread:

Thank you.

Emby Team

datanet

How are you trying to access Emby outside of the Kodi install on your TV...since you said "or on my network at all with the IP address"?  I'm trying to determine how you're trying to access Emby inside your network first since that will be necessary before we can tackle the second portion of making your Emby server remotely accessible through your firewall.

pwhodges

You need to verify the IP address of the new media centre, and check that its firewall allows access to it.  For remote access you also need to check the port forwarding settings in your router.  A good starting point is to go through this summary her:

https://support.emby.media/support/solutions/articles/44001849007-connectivity

Paul

Macca500
On 5/25/2022 at 10:46 AM, datanet said:

How are you trying to access Emby outside of the Kodi install on your TV...since you said "or on my network at all with the IP address"?  I'm trying to determine how you're trying to access Emby inside your network first since that will be necessary before we can tackle the second portion of making your Emby server remotely accessible through your firewall.

just by using the ip address of the server on my laptop on the network to look at settings etc.  Won;t connect at all.  I've verified the IP address is correct and also confirmed that it is connected and showing up in the router. 

chef

Hi there, You mention the IP address, but are you remembering to also add the port number to the url?

http://xxx.xxx.x:8096

• 3 weeks later...