ehshell does not close when closing MCE

gnollo

I am currently doing some troubleshooting on this issue.

Since I upgraded to MB3 server, and using the mediabrowser classic in MCE, everything works fine until I try to play one of my hi-def recordings on my un-raid server.

Recordings playback freezes through mediacenter, whilst it plays fine if I use mediaplayer.

I noticed after closing MCE that ehshell stays open, and if I open MCE again, it opens another instance, quickly going to 100% CPU usage.

With MCE closed, my HTPC CPU usage is at 9%, then MediaBroser.serverapplication can use 50% of it.

Processor Inter Core 2 CPU, 4300 @ 1.8 Ghz

Ram 4 GB

Windows 7 32 bits with the latest patches and updates

I have just uninstalled MC classic to see if the behaviour continues.

If it does I will uninstall the server, reboot and report back.

Cheesegeezer

gnollo, Just so I have this right in my head, you've recorded TV basically and when you go to play your recorded TV through MBC or MCE it tends to freeze.

This is important for us to know if it's MBC or MCE.  If you are playing through MBC, you will need to set your logging to Debug, clear out your logs in both server and MBC and then reproduce the "issue", then post up your logs as per this post "how to report a problem" .

Are you using any 3rd party codecs, such as LAV filters, FFDshow, CCCP, Sharks Codecs etc, it may be an issue with them.

I have been using Sharky's for a while, and I play the files using RECORDED TV tab in MCE, not via MBC.

The only thing I changed recently was MBC though, so I thought I try uninstalling the client first.

The ehshell persistance after MCE is closed down is still happening though. I have then uninstalled the server and rebooted.

This time I didn't even play a single file, just opened MCE and closed it. Well well ehshell does not want to go away at all.

Off to remove Sharky's now and test again.

Well, the bad news is that it still happens after I removed Sharky's too. I am truly stumped.

Time for reinstalling the OS methinks.

Cheesegeezer

If it's a MCE issue then MBC will not be running as it closes when you exit to MCE menu.  Unfortunately there is nothing we can do to help

Have you checked that you are upto date with updates in MCE, I know you said you were but might be worth just trying to force an update again