Playback error after server update

Pooka21

Pooka21

Hi folks, I hope someone can help me. My Emby Server updated to 4.7.1.0 at 19:12 tonight (UK time). When I tried to watch a film on my TV I got the "Playback Error - no compatible streams are currently available. please try again later or contact your system administrator for details."

Looking at the logs there are a lot of entries such as:

ffmpeg-transcode-98d114b8-e939-489c-9f82-1bf6ee22a43e_1.txt

ffmpeg-directstream-9501975f-bfb8-4b9c-9b84-2e78f5203840_1.txt

I am not sure if this is normal or not but I don't know why I am getting this error.

I run my Emby Server on a Win10 Pro PC and connect to the Emby TV apps via a Mesh system.

ffmpeg-transcode-98d114b8-e939-489c-9f82-1bf6ee22a43e_1.txt ffmpeg-directstream-9501975f-bfb8-4b9c-9b84-2e78f5203840_1.txt

Hello Pooka21,

** This is an auto reply **

Please wait for someone from staff support or our members to reply to you.

It's recommended to provide more info, as it explain in this thread:

Thank you.

Emby Team

Hi there, is something wrong with your D drive? Or perhaps this file has gone missing:

D:\TV Series\Greys Anatomy\Season 10\Greys.Anatomy.S10E07.Thriller.1080p.AMZN.WEB-DL.DDP5.1.H.264-NTb.mkv: No such file or directory

Pooka21

Hi Luke,

That's interesting as my D drive is my CD/DVD drive. My media files are on a different HDD called F. How can I direct Emby to read the media files from the right directory?

Pooka21

I just checked the library files and it does indeed say that the TV media files are on Drive D. I've changed it back to F and will re-scan. Hopefully this will do the trick. Not sure why it changed as the Movie media files are stated as being on F.

Happy2Play

Something is wrong with this install as ffmpeg shouldn't be doing this.

2022-05-24 20:19:13.599 Error App: LoaderException: Could not load file or assembly 'Emby.Ffmpeg.Lib, Version=4.7.1.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'. The system cannot find the file specified.
2022-05-24 20:19:13.599 Error App: LoaderException: Could not load file or assembly 'Emby.Ffmpeg.Base, Version=4.7.1.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'. The system cannot find the file specified.
2022-05-24 20:19:13.599 Error App: LoaderException: Could not load file or assembly 'Emby.Ffmpeg, Version=4.7.1.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'. The system cannot find the file 

And this cause failed playback as ffmpeg will not function.

My only suggestion would be a reinstall over the current installation.

Yes please try running the installer on top of your existing version. Let us know if that helps. Thanks.

Pooka21

Update: Tried running the installer on top...no difference. Then did a complete uninstall and fresh install and got all the movies to work and some TV shows. Looking at the logs in detail (never knew they could be so interesting) saw that the file names were inconsistent so ran them through FileBot using the TVMaze database and re-loaded the library. 

RESULT!

So would I be right in thinking this was a combination of the FFMPEG needing to be updated and the file names and metadata being correct?

Thanks for the super quick help BTW.....really impressive.

Edited by Pooka21

Can you please provide a new server log? I'd like to double check that you're good now. Thanks.

On 5/26/2022 at 8:41 AM, Pooka21 said:

@Pooka21 this isn't from the same time as the ffmpeg log. Please create the issue again, then attach both the ffmpeg log and main emby server log from that time period. 

Thanks !