odd chrome issues on 1 machine

trusselo

trusselo

been having some issues with chrome.  emby server running in docker, unraid. 4.7.0.60 = client is windows 11, chrome.

while watching video, if i click outside of the browser, the video restarts.  the overlay never goes away.

cant scroll down long lists of shows.  can only scroll the first 4 episodes then the scroll bar gets stuck, then resets to top.
if i drag the window to another monitor, minmize then maximize, sometimes i can continue scrolling to the bottom.
clicking an item in the list, scrolls up to the top.

emby settings dashboard > subtitles > dropdown menus wont appear.

many other oddities,
firefox fine.
other laptop fine in chrome. 

resinstalled chrome.  same version as laptop that works.
updated graphics driver.
ccleaner cache and registry.

Any ideas?

EMBY.rar

visproduction

Try this css:

.padded-bottom-page {
    padding-bottom: calc(74em + env(safe-area-inset-bottom,0)) !important;
}

I updated the calc value to 74em because I have backgrounds that do not have the dark masks and I wanted a way to see the entire background at the bottom of the page.  This full color background makes the top of the page more busy, but I also tweak a lot of the buttons and blur some areas.  I believe chrome handles this css formula perhaps differently from Firefox.  I don't think it recognizes the scroll area as part of the page height.  Another way to fix it for devs would be to make sure some div is at the bottom of the emby scroller for episodes lists so Chrome recognizes the correct page height.  Maybe just a faint <hr>.  I think this is a Chrome bug.

My updated value of 74em gives a full page look at the background so if the user scrolls all the way to the bottom, they can see a full unobstructed background image. If you are the using dark masks, which are included by default, you might want a little less than 74em.

modules/sections.css has this value set to 9em which was too tight at the bottom for my preference.

Hope that helps.

trusselo
On 25/05/2022 at 09:32, Luke said:

Strange. They seem to be working ok here. 

yes as stated this is only happening on one machine, my other laptops of same browser and OS are fine.
the bummer is its my main machine doing this.

this did start happening with the big update, but its only one machine, so "its not you, its me"
but looking for suggestions.

trusselo
23 hours ago, visproduction said:

Try this css:

.padded-bottom-page {
    padding-bottom: calc(74em + env(safe-area-inset-bottom,0)) !important;
}

I updated the calc value to 74em because I have backgrounds that do not have the dark masks and I wanted a way to see the entire background at the bottom of the page.  This full color background makes the top of the page more busy, but I also tweak a lot of the buttons and blur some areas.  I believe chrome handles this css formula perhaps differently from Firefox.  I don't think it recognizes the scroll area as part of the page height.  Another way to fix it for devs would be to make sure some div is at the bottom of the emby scroller for episodes lists so Chrome recognizes the correct page height.  Maybe just a faint <hr>.  I think this is a Chrome bug.

My updated value of 74em gives a full page look at the background so if the user scrolls all the way to the bottom, they can see a full unobstructed background image. If you are the using dark masks, which are included by default, you might want a little less than 74em.

modules/sections.css has this value set to 9em which was too tight at the bottom for my preference.

Hope that helps.

did not help.  thanks though

For what it's worth I've seen this in Chrome on other websites where clicking dropdowns either does nothing or it flickers and closes right away.

trusselo

the most annoying part is I cant click outside of the current emby/chrome window, otherwise the video restarts from beginning.
2nd annoying part is i cant scroll down lists, the scroll bar gets stuck at top.

VIDEO:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/FKn1u7SDtgScv6Kx8

Edited by trusselo

Happy2Play

Thought we have seen something like this before, can't remember if it was a setting or extension.

Is there anything in the browser console when you do this? (F12)

trusselo

got these console errors while clicking broken things.

DevTools failed to load source map: Could not load content for chrome-extension://gabdloknkpdefdpkkibplcfnkngbidim/maps/content.min.js.map: System error: net::ERR_BLOCKED_BY_CLIENT

DevTools failed to load source map: Could not load content for http://192.168.1.12:8096/web/modules/hlsjs/hls.min.js.map: HTTP error: status code 404, net::ERR_HTTP_RESPONSE_CODE_FAILURE

extensions:  YES ABP is whitelisted for my entire unraid server at 192.168.1.12,  tried disabling pihole, no change, plus several other pcs in home on pihole network no issue

image.thumb.png.2ad7e4d44d6b86b9f76b610499dbe041.png

Edited by trusselo

Happy2Play
12 minutes ago, trusselo said:

got these console errors while clicking broken things.

DevTools failed to load source map: Could not load content for chrome-extension://gabdloknkpdefdpkkibplcfnkngbidim/maps/content.min.js.map: System error: net::ERR_BLOCKED_BY_CLIENT

DevTools failed to load source map: Could not load content for http://192.168.1.12:8096/web/modules/hlsjs/hls.min.js.map: HTTP error: status code 404, net::ERR_HTTP_RESPONSE_CODE_FAILURE

extensions:  YES ABP is whitelisted for my entire unraid server at 192.168.1.12,  tried disabling pihole, no change, plus several other pcs in home on pihole network no issue

image.thumb.png.2ad7e4d44d6b86b9f76b610499dbe041.png

Do you see the same issue in InPrivate/InCognito? 

But you already know something specific to this client/app is the issue.  Now the hard part finding out exactly what extension or browser flag is causing this.  Unless Luke has other ideas from the console errors.

trusselo

incognito, yes.  still broken.
and my settings/extensions ect sync between machines on chrome.  my other 2 laptops are fine!

lol.
and I KNOW its not you, its me.  but it did start happening about a week ago with the update where things started looking different.

im probably due for a format/reinstall anyway... this might just be the push.

Edited by trusselo