No more connect to Hisense tv

suzygs1000

suzygs1000

Hi, I have been using Emby server for a couple of years, with the occasional unable to see Emby from my tv, but usually a reboot of either will fix the problem.

Since this recent update, I can no longer see Emby on my tv.

I have just spent a couple of yours rebooting, updating ports and anything else suggested on this forum, all to no avail.

So what next?  I should have learnt by now that when something is working properly, just untick auto updates, but i didn't ... and th is is what happens...

help?  Dave.

Hello suzygs1000,

** This is an auto reply **

Please wait for someone from staff support or our members to reply to you.

It's recommended to provide more info, as it explain in this thread:

Thank you.

Emby Team

Hi there, what software do you use on the TV to connect to Emby Server?

suzygs1000

well, I have finally sorted this out, no thanks to Emby Team .... under settings, ,Devices/ Dlna .... enable Dlna server is unticked by default ... if you go to that setting and tick it, it should then be able to be seen by your smart tv ...

pwhodges

I would suggest trying the Emby client on your TV (Android TV or Roku, depending what range your TV is).  It gives a much more complete experience than DLNA (which has also been implicated in network problems for some people, which is why it is now disabled by default).

Paul

• Agree 1

suzygs1000

Unfortuately, Hisense use a proprietary OS, and Emby can not be loaded on it.  It is working now, thankyou.

pwhodges

Not all HiSense are proprietary - some are Android TV, and mine is a HiSense Roku TV, for instance.  But yes, in your case you have no option but to use DLNA, unless you use a separate stick.

Paul

• Like 1

9 hours ago, suzygs1000 said:

well, I have finally sorted this out, no thanks to Emby Team .... under settings, ,Devices/ Dlna .... enable Dlna server is unticked by default ... if you go to that setting and tick it, it should then be able to be seen by your smart tv ...

Thanks for the feedback.

vaise

I would say you are doing yourself an injustice by using dlna.

You can buy many full featured client devices that can have emby installed, and then a HDMI cable (unless its a dongle device in which case no need), then connect to your hisense TV.  

You will have a much better and faster experience.

Have a look in shops for deals on GoogleTV, Roku, AmazonFireStick etc - or borrow one if you can to review the difference.  Even a very cheap androin chinese box would be better than DLNA.