Missed recording(s) with 4.7.0.60

pwhodges
Go to solution Solved by pwhodges,

pwhodges

This evening, Emby should have recorded the 7th episode of a series, but it didn't  When I looked at the guide (it was near the end of the recording time), the series recording symbol was greyed out, and it was also for next week's episode.  I cancelled the series recording and then re-enabled it, and the symbol for the next episode is now red again.

I also saw another upcoming recording was in the same state, and fixed it the same way.

All other recordings are as normal.  I think the difference may possibly be that the recordings that gave trouble had previous seasons in my main Series library (not the Recordings library).

All previous recordings (running the latest beta server at all times, up to .40) have been OK, so I'm wondering if some last-minute change in .60 has affected this.  I've attached today's log (the missed recording should have been at 9pm local time), and the first log after the update to .60, in case there is anything to see.  

Paul

embyserver-63788428799.txt embyserver.txt

• Solution
pwhodges

Don't worry, I think it was kind-of my fault (though I wonder if the behaviour is expected).  I was looking at the channel list in Live TV settings, and accidently clicked a tick mark which caused one channel to be unmapped from the guide data.  Clicking it again restored the mapping, but it was specifically the recordings on that channel were disabled - still showing in the guide, but no longer red.

This behaviour seems over-sensitive to me (after all, the new episodes are still not in the library, and some flag somewhere is still calling for the series to be recorded), but at least I know I caused it by doing something anomalous.

Paul