Scan Library Shortcut in the Dashboard Page

mand0l3

mand0l3

I am often going to the Library section of the Admin settings and right-clicking the three dots to get to the "Scan Library Files" option. It would be super useful to have a scan shortcut in the main Dashboard page. Either for all libraries or only specific ones.

• Like 1

seanbuff

Curious, what is the reason you are frequently having to run a manual scan?

• Agree 1

Happy2Play

No need to go to the dashboard/library as you can do it per library on home screen.

But can only guess this is a system the RTM does not work on as my libraries refresh after about 90 seconds of something being added or changed.

mand0l3
18 minutes ago, seanbuff said:

Curious, what is the reason you are frequently having to run a manual scan?

Emby runs on a linux server and has disks mounted from a Synology NAS. I think there's an issue in this scenario with the auto library scanning. I looked into it a long time ago and never figured it out. When I have new media, the auto update isn't triggered and I have to update the library myself.

mand0l3
2 hours ago, Happy2Play said:

No need to go to the dashboard/library as you can do it per library on home screen.

Where on the home screen? I don't see what you mean.

Happy2Play
2 minutes ago, mand0l3 said:

Where on the home screen? I don't see what you mean.

right click a specific library.

image.png.ac3229f04b8652ed9594e00ed6638073.png

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
ErelyesNZ
On 23/05/2022 at 11:05, Happy2Play said:

But can only guess this is a system the RTM does not work on as my libraries refresh after about 90 seconds of something being added or changed.

The thing about a dashboard is that it's a glance at all the common things you want to know, and the common things you want to do.

I have my browser shortcut set to go to the dashboard page because it's a great way to see at a glance if an update is needed, and what the kids have been watching, etc. It'd be great to have a 'scan library' shortcut there as well, to save having to go to the scheduled tasks page.

The reason the scheduled task doesn't always work for me is that sometimes I've only just added something to the library folders that I want to watch straight away, so the scheduled task hasn't had time to pick it up.

7 minutes ago, ErelyesNZ said:

The thing about a dashboard is that it's a glance at all the common things you want to know, and the common things you want to do.

I have my browser shortcut set to go to the dashboard page because it's a great way to see at a glance if an update is needed, and what the kids have been watching, etc. It'd be great to have a 'scan library' shortcut there as well, to save having to go to the scheduled tasks page.

The reason the scheduled task doesn't always work for me is that sometimes I've only just added something to the library folders that I want to watch straight away, so the scheduled task hasn't had time to pick it up.

You can do the same thing in the Library section underneath the server dashboard. Does that help?

Happy2Play

You could make a bat file to send the curl api command.  All you have to do is generate a api key Settings-Api Key

@rbjtechcan you actually just use a url to Post?  I haven't gotten it to work as it shows a Get request in the log.

• 3 weeks later...
ErelyesNZ
On 04/11/2022 at 12:21, Luke said:

You can do the same thing in the Library section underneath the server dashboard. Does that help?

Hey, my server dashboard just has the name of the server/PC, 'Alerts', and 'Activity'. Doesn't have a library page, library page is a separate click away.

I just figured that refreshing the library was a fairly common task so it'd be nice to have a convenient button to click next to the server name / server restart button.

Ninja_Gundam

Hi,

for me too will be much quick a voice in this menu (right click on menu elements)

for Rescan Library, just under Add to Playlist for example.

1.jpg

6 hours ago, ErelyesNZ said:

I just figured that refreshing the library was a fairly common task

Hi.  It really shouldn't be since we have both automatic detection of new content and a schedule for the task.  I can't remember the last time I had to start a scan manually.

GrimReaper
10 minutes ago, Ninja_Gundam said:

Hi,

for me too will be much quick a voice in this menu (right click on menu elements)

for Rescan Library, just under Add to Playlist for example.

1.jpg

To me that's a bug/design flaw as right-click menu there should be just as right-click/three-dot menu on the library thumb (and you'd have Scan Library Files option), don't see the reason why that menu should be crippled, @Luke

• Agree 1