Music Library Not showing Album Images

Rew452
Go to solution Solved by Rew452,

Rew452

My server is on a Qnap NAS and my Emby server is v4.7..60.

I went to play some music and almost all Album Images are missing, tried refreshing metadata, rebooted NAS and still missing images. I can play tracks but nothing but a default images

I general use my  Shield ATV but this problem exits on all client types like Emby Theater so I think is on the server but not sure how to troubleshoot

Can someone help me figure out what is messed up, please.

Thanks

Rew 

Hi there @Rew452, can you please go over a specific example? What do you see in the server web interface? Thanks.

Do you have images in your artist and album folders? How are your files named and organized?

Rew452

No images are in the artist or album folders,

What's odd is if I use Qnap's Filestation to look at album dir's I can see the album cover images being displayed, no image files though.

I had to restore my music directories earlier this year from backup and they all worked previously so I don't think naming is the issue. They are mp3 and m4a.

In the past they all displayed with at least the album image

Try refreshing the metadata on one of those folders and see if that helps pull in an image. Thanks.

Rew452

Refreshing meta data was the first thing I tried. The only song folders which have a images have 1 jpg in the folder; there are only 5 or 6 song folders which have a folder.jpg in them.

Could the installed Plugins have some bearing on this? Here is my collection:

image.png.5c1f7bd1a69c157392bb50f5be9d4659.png

image.png.40eeaa34131b30f201b3bde1db4f4bc3.png

Rew452

Just tried Windows Media Player and it scan the Music directory and all albums and artist show with images.

Rew 

I thought you said you didn't have images? Windows Media Player to my knowledge doesn't pull images from the internet.

Rew452

Sorry, after checking each album folder more carefully  I found the 5  which showed a image in Emby had a folder.jpg. These were all dated January 2019.

Is this part of Emby basic or is this one of the plugins?

Could this be a internet access problem? If so what do I look for?

I am attaching Emby log file, does that help?

05232022 embyserver.txt

So it's too late for me to try and figure out why you didn't get images in the past when this was first scanned in. Maybe you did have an internet access problem at the time.

What we can do is try to scan it again and see if that helps. Try going to your music library in Emby library setup and refreshing the metadata on the entire library. You won't really be able to monitor the progress but give that a little time and see if you gradually start getting more images.

Rew452

Thanks Luke,

I ran Music Metadata refresh from main Emby page and from Library on Manage Emby Server page.

No difference as far as images go. All info like track number and track names seem correct.

Would removing the Music Directory from Emby, restarting Emby Server and then add Music Directory again, be of any help?

You can, yes. I would let the scan of all libraries complete after removing in order to clear things out of the database.

• Solution
Rew452

Thanks Luke,

Problem has been fixed. Removing the Music Library and adding it back seems to have fixed it!

Thanks again

Rew