Hebrew punctuation marks in subs are reversed (but only unicode).

Niwi2

Niwi2

Hebrew subtitles are shown correctly in windows-1255 encoding but when in unicode encoding, punctuation is reversed.

I'm very very new to Emby (used plex till yesterday). So i'm not sure if i've missed something. Any help regarding this would be appreciated. TIA.

P.s. running latest version on CCwGTV.

Edited by Niwi2

Niwi2

Hey. I'll try to elaborate. This issue was discussed previously here:

But this time it seem to be specifically an issue in Android TV system of handling Hebrew subtitles that are encoded in utf-8 (unicode).

In the previous topic I mentioned you can observe examples of flipped punctuations marks in Hebrew, RTL language. The punctuation that are originally in the end of the sentence (left), are somehow presented in the app in the other end.

I'm now not at home but I tried the reproduce the case. Same happens with my friend Android TV box Emby app (Emby for Android TV). 

Last, I should mention that although this happens both in external and in muxed/embeded srt files, it seems that when I used just moments ago an external player via the app, those same subtitles were shown correctly (the app used was Kodi, the file has muxed subtitles. Mkv container).