OpenElec

Luke

Airbender

Hi

For people who dont know what is OpenELEC

OpenELEC is an embedded operating system built around XBMC, the open source entertainment media hub. Home Theatre PCs are known to be hard to install and configure and can take a massive amount of time to keep running. OpenELEC, on the other hand, is designed to be as lightweight as possible in terms of size and complexity meaning your HTPC becomes no harder to configure than your satellite box or DVD player. With it's small footprint, OpenELEC is also ideal for small systems based on Atom or Fusion platforms so you won't need a whole computer in your living room!

Good job luke well done !

• Like 1

sfnetwork

To be honest, this is the path in the future that MBT should take.

Not just for Atom/Fusion system; any system...

I've been testing this solution for two years now.

They have specific builds for each platform with specific optimized Linux drivers (Fusion, Intel, Rasberry PI, etc...) and even imon LCD is better for the Antec HTPC cases (LCDproc).

I use it on my cheap Zotac Fusion box as well as on one of my big ass i7 HTPC. No Windows license, 5m to install from scratch and no difference with Windows version...

Of course, there are limitations (ex: no Netflix for now; silverlight) but, still that's the way HTPCs should be.

It would be a dream for me to see MBT "the Openelec way" but with their dedication to XBMC, it will be hard. But what could be more probable would be Openelec dev member interested to take on the project...

I would be the first one in line to test this, lol

Good job Luke on that tread!

Hope...

sfnetwork

We would need more users commenting there to show community interest in this... (if your interested I guess :wacko: )

I think that seeing a lot of people interested would motivate dev to get on board...

Even if you're not interested in open elec, please help us. Anything that helps the project grow is good for all of us.

crashkelly

Even if you're not interested in open elec, please help us. Anything that helps the project grow is good for all of us.

This stuff, MediaBrowser both old and new, is awesome and I am interested in anything that moves it forward and keeps it going.

Hopefully moving to a new house in the New Year and I can see MB everywhere in that house.

Thanks to all who put their valuable time and effort into everything MB, it is truly appreciated.

Cheers

crashkelly

Great, thanks. Just don' t say it here. say it over there.

Will do, for sure.

Done.

Cheers

Edited by crashkelly