check for plugin updates failed

Mike2715

Mike2715

This has started about a month ago and nothing on the server has changed.

"The SSL connection could not be established, see inner exception"

Any help in poniting in a direction would be great.

Mike

embyserver.txt

Happy2Play

What OS version is this as it looks like a TLS issue?

System.Net.Http.HttpRequestException: The SSL connection could not be established, see inner exception.
	 ---> System.Security.Authentication.AuthenticationException: Authentication failed because the remote party sent a TLS alert: 'HandshakeFailure'.

sydlexius
45 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

What OS version is this as it looks like a TLS issue?

System.Net.Http.HttpRequestException: The SSL connection could not be established, see inner exception.
	 ---> System.Security.Authentication.AuthenticationException: Authentication failed because the remote party sent a TLS alert: 'HandshakeFailure'.

@Mike2715Along these lines, if you are running any sort of proxy service (PIA, etc) on your PC you might run into issues.

Mike2715

Running Server 2012 R2, all updates are done. No VPN. The latest Emby Server Update came in, no problems, just plugins seem to be the issue.

Mike

• 5 months later...
Mike2715

Still having this problem on one server. Is there a way to manually update plug-ins. I support serval Emby Servers for family and friends and this is the only one that is doing this.

Thank you in advance.

Mike

Happy2Play

@Mike2715 Are you able to click on the failed url and download the plugin?  But Server and plugin updates come from separate domains which will have difference configurations. 

example from previous log

Error getting response from https://embydata.com/admin/service/packageFiles/Emby.PortMapper.dll_1.1.2.exe

If the plug will manually download you would rename removing "_1.1.2.exe" and place in C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata\plugins folder.

Have you applied or verified these reg keys?  As I know I had to manually apply them to my WHS2011 a while ago.

How to enable Transport Layer Security (TLS) 1.2 on clients - Configuration Manager | Microsoft Learn

Mike2715

I have applied the reg keys but will not be able to reboot server until this evening. Now if I am reading this correctly the plug-ins are just the .dll files in the plugin directory. Could I copy over the latest .dll files from a working server? The Emby Server updates just fine. The Plug-ins do not. I was able to select a failed url from the log file and download the .exe without a problem on the server that fails auto updates.

Thanks again

Mike

sydlexius
9 minutes ago, Mike2715 said:

I have applied the reg keys but will not be able to reboot server until this evening. Now if I am reading this correctly the plug-ins are just the .dll files in the plugin directory. Could I copy over the latest .dll files from a working server? The Emby Server updates just fine. The Plug-ins do not. I was able to select a failed url from the log file and download the .exe without a problem on the server that fails auto updates.

Thanks again

Mike

You can do that. Just shut down Emby on the impacted machine, copy the DLL files, and bring Emby back up.

• Agree 1