New server 4.7.0.60

nickysilver

nickysilver

Is there any list of changes or updates? I mean, my server is running perfectly! (And I give it quite a workout.) 

I'm always nervous about installing an update when everything is working great.

I mean, my server is running perfectly! (And I give it quite a workout.) 

Hi, we're glad to hear it. Thanks for letting us know.

nickysilver

er um.... i did ask if there was a list of what's new?

I'm prone to not updating with everything working.

21 minutes ago, arrbee99 said:

Its all in the newest blog at the top of this page.

nickysilver

i assume i should lose no data or metadata when i update, right?

just shut the server down, install the new server (which will overwrite the old one) and restart?

i am sorry if these questions are too basic!

nickysilver

I did it. It appeared to be stalled after installing about 2/3, but now when I look at the apps on the shield it does say 4.7.0.60 so I guess it finished.

I must admit, I see no changes.

(I don't use emby for live TV, just to stream my movies and tv from storage. Most of the changes seem to concern live TV.)

Sorry I bothered you!!

nickysilver

I take it back.

My server os on the shield. I control it on my laptop. 

After the update, the laptop has a VERY gard time connecting to the server.  It loses the connection, them it takes many attempts to restore i t.

On 5/20/2022 at 6:28 AM, nickysilver said:

I take it back.

My server os on the shield. I control it on my laptop. 

After the update, the laptop has a VERY gard time connecting to the server.  It loses the connection, them it takes many attempts to restore i t.

Hi, are you still having an issue with this? Please attach the emby server log from when this happened:

Thanks.

nickysilver

It happens occasionally. (It might be my internet for all I know, EVERYTHING else is working PERFECTLY). Next time it happens I will DL the server log and send it.  (You are always so kind. You have the patience of a saint!!)

My server says it's running port mapper 1.1.4, but doesn't offer me an update (it has  in the past). Maybe quit and restart the server to get port mapper 1.1.5 to show up?

Edited by nickysilver

6 minutes ago, nickysilver said:

It happens occasionally. (It might be my internet for all I know, EVERYTHING else is working PERFECTLY). Next time it happens I will DL the server log and send it.  (You are always so kind. You have the patience of a saint!!)

That would be great, thanks.

nickysilver

I was sort of hoping that today's update might resolve the problem.

To estate it,  I get the message that Safari (or Chrome) cannot access the server. This happens sometimes two or three times a day-- then it won't happen for several days. I just keep reloading the page until it loads. I am attaching a log. (I hope it's the right one) It happened at about 8:13 or 8:14 for about 3 minutes,

MANY thanks!!!

embyserver.txt

5 minutes ago, nickysilver said:

I was sort of hoping that today's update might resolve the problem.

To estate it,  I get the message that Safari (or Chrome) cannot access the server. This happens sometimes two or three times a day-- then it won't happen for several days. I just keep reloading the page until it loads. I am attaching a log. (I hope it's the right one) It happened at about 8:13 or 8:14 for about 3 minutes,

MANY thanks!!!

embyserver.txt 872.14 kB · 0 downloads

Is the device running safari or chrome inside the local network, or outside?

Then it's probably just the network connection on those particular devices, nothing server related.

Unrelated question - I just pushed a 1.1.5 update to the port mapper plugins. Can you please get that and let me know if it clears up these port mapper errors in your server log:

2022-05-28 11:42:46.019 Error PortMapper: Error creating port map
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 4.7.1.0
	Command line: /data/app/~~Ghh-Y-Khpg8vnk6VV3mf7g==/com.emby.embyserver-OGgDasMSVfAgq9ECg4KiOQ==/base.apk
	Operating system: Android 11 (REL) SDK:30 BuildId:RQ1A.210105.003  Incremental:7094531_2999.9831 Patch-Level: 2022-02-05
	Framework: Mono 6.12.0 (2020-02/c633fe92383) 4.0.50524.0
	OS/Process: Arm64/Arm64
	Runtime: mscorlib.dll
	Processor count: 4
	Data path: /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.emby.embyserver/files
	Application path: /data/user/0/com.emby.embyserver
	Fingerprint: NVIDIA/darcy/darcy:11/RQ1A.210105.003/7094531_2999.9831:user/release-keys
	Model: SHIELD Android TV - NVIDIA/NVIDIA
	Hardware: darcy/darcy/darcy/darcy
	SupportedAbis: arm64-v8a, armeabi-v7a, armeabi
	System.InvalidOperationException: System.InvalidOperationException: An invalid request URI was provided. The request URI must either be an absolute URI or BaseAddress must be set.

Thanks.

nickysilver

I stoped the server and restarted and my portpapper is now 1.1.5

(Will I see any effect of this update you think? I man I was going to say I don't know what a port mapper does-- but I assume i maps the ports. What is the effect or the errors in the log? I see no ill effect, frankly.)

12 minutes ago, nickysilver said:

I stoped the server and restarted and my portpapper is now 1.1.5

(Will I see any effect of this update you think? I man I was going to say I don't know what a port mapper does-- but I assume i maps the ports. What is the effect or the errors in the log? I see no ill effect, frankly.)

It just means the port mapper plugin wasn't working for you, which won't matter if you don't use remote access or if you've already configured port forwarding with your router.

That's still with port mapper 1.1.4. Can you please restart the server and then supply a new log file? thanks !

Can you do this one more time with the 1.1.6 update I just pushed to the port mapper plugin? Thanks !

That's still with port mapper 1.1.5. Can you please restart the server and then supply a new log file? thanks !