4.7.0.60 Deleted my custom Collections images!

Diedrich

Diedrich

Ubuntu 20.04.4
Docker 20.10.15, emby/embyserver:latest
Emby Server 4.7.0.60

I pulled the new docker image and spun up the new container. Next thing I new, all of my Collection custom images are missing!!! There are also a handful or so movies that are missing all of their images as well (Back To The Future III and Rango - as examples). Really upset right now!

embyserver.txt

Happy2Play

Are they gone or just erroring out?

2022-05-19 03:29:01.898 Debug Skia: SKFileStream had a problem reading /config/metadata/collections/The Best Animated Movies/poster.png. Attempting workaround...
2022-05-19 03:29:01.898 Debug Server: http/2 GET https://emby_remote_ip:59765/emby/Items/Prefixes?SortOrder=Ascending&ParentId=9d7ad6afe9afa2dab1a2f6e00ad28fa6&userId=78b6013b98cb43c99dcf3174f893d230&X-Emby-Client=Emby Web&X-Emby-Device-Name=Firefox Android&X-Emby-Device-Id=8b88acd2-dd14-4629-94dc-3aa51521906c&X-Emby-Client-Version=4.7.0.60. UserAgent: Mozilla/5.0 (Android 11; Mobile; rv:100.0) Gecko/100.0 Firefox/100.0
2022-05-19 03:29:01.898 Debug Skia: SKFileStream had a problem reading /config/metadata/collections/90s Movies/poster.png. Attempting workaround...
2022-05-19 03:29:01.898 Debug Skia: SKFileStream had a problem reading /config/metadata/collections/Dolby Atmos Movies/poster.png. Attempting workaround...
2022-05-19 03:29:01.898 Debug Skia: SKFileStream had a problem reading /config/metadata/collections/Reece's Movies/poster.png. Attempting workaround...
2022-05-19 03:29:01.899 Debug Skia: SKFileStream had a problem reading /config/metadata/collections/Holiday Movies/poster.png. Attempting workaround...
2022-05-19 03:29:01.899 Debug Skia: SKFileStream had a problem reading /config/metadata/collections/4K UHD Movies/poster.png. Attempting workaround...
2022-05-19 03:29:01.899 Error Server: Error processing request
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 4.7.0.60
	Command line: /system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /config -ffdetect /bin/ffdetect -ffmpeg /bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /bin/ffprobe -restartexitcode 3
	Operating system: Linux version 5.4.0-100-generic (buildd@lcy02-amd64-002) (gcc version 9.3.0 (Ubuntu 9.3.0-17ubuntu1~20.04)) #113-Ubuntu SMP Thu Feb 3 18:43:29 UTC 202
	Framework: .NET 6.0.2
	OS/Process: x64/x64
	Runtime: system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
	Processor count: 12
	Data path: /config
	Application path: /system
	System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path '/config/metadata/collections/The Best Animated Movies/poster.png'.
	   at Emby.Drawing.Skia.SkiaEncoder.GetSKFileStream(String path)
	   at Emby.Drawing.Skia.SkiaEncoder.EncodeImage(String inputPath, String outputPath, Boolean autoOrient, Nullable`1 orientation, Int32 quality, ImageProcessingOptions options, ImageFormat selectedOutputFormat)
	   at Emby.Drawing.ImageProcessor.ProcessImage(ImageProcessingOptions options, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at Emby.Api.Images.ImageService.GetImage(ImageRequest request, Int64 itemId, BaseItem item, Boolean isHeadRequest)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Services.ServiceController.GetTaskResult(Task task)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Services.ServiceHandler.ProcessRequestAsync(HttpListenerHost appHost, IRequest httpReq, IResponse httpRes, RestPath restPath, String responseContentType, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpServer.HttpListenerHost.RequestHandler(IRequest httpReq, ReadOnlyMemory`1 urlString, ReadOnlyMemory`1 localPath, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	Source: Emby.Drawing.Skia
	TargetSite: SkiaSharp.SKFileStream GetSKFileStream(System.String)
	Path: /config/metadata/collections/The Best Animated Movies/poster.png

Edited by Happy2Play

Diedrich
1 minute ago, Happy2Play said:

Are they gone or just erroring out?

I believe you are correct, they are erroring out - here is what I see:

I checked the file/folder permissions and it all appears to be correct.

image.png.9321cf63b6f85e75413a588f1d055195.png

Edited by Diedrich

Happy2Play

Do they still exist in /config/metadata/collections?

Diedrich

I'm seeing some weird permissions though where the group has changed. Give me a few to figure this out. I just remoted into the server. And actually, yes, they still exist:

1327961725_2022-05-1914_10_27-Window.thumb.png.41a54e8a4e6140a674ea2a6e19e95c64.png

• Thanks 1

Diedrich

1. Having given up I started re-uploading my images to the collections.

2. Remoting into the server that's running Emby Server I see that there are two locations for my collections - one is /metadata/collections and the other is nested a level lower metadata/metadata/collections. It's the metadata/metadata/collections where my 'old' collections and their images live. Yes, I believe I had this set to /config/metadata/metadata in the settings and I believe the update changed that setting to /config/metadata

You can see here that there are two metadata locations - the /metadata/collections appear to be the new collections that I was updating a few minutes ago. The nested /metadata/metadata folder appears to be my old folder

336005042_2022-05-1914_32_07-Window.png.4d6fe4e422de9e49b17152f81ed9c62e.png

I believe that 4.7.0.60 changed my metadata location to /config/metadata as seen in this current screenshot of 4.7.0.60, I will attempt to use the previous location of /config/metadata/metadata right now.

1439764619_2022-05-1914_32_23-Window.thumb.png.b3917e9395b7ec5f4a3f3ff835aeb646.png

Happy2Play

If a custom path is applied it will alway add the additional subfolder, so custom path /config/metadata equals /config/metadata/metadata.

Emby has always done this as users were apply a generic path for all custom paths as things were getting deleted by the cache cleanup task do to incorrect paths.

Diedrich
4 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

so custom path /config/metadata equals /config/metadata/metadata

Alright, cool. So I wonder why updating these collection images are being saved in /config/metadata rather than /config/metadata/metadata?

Happy2Play
2 minutes ago, Diedrich said:

Alright, cool. So I wonder why updating these collection images are being saved in /config/metadata rather than /config/metadata/metadata?

Unless different rules apply to different platforms.  I know that what I listed applies to Windows.

But the one I showed erroring out are where they are suppose to be /config/metadata/collections/.  So would this no come back to a permissions issues? 

Diedrich

Further update - Manually copy/paste from /config/metadata/metadata/collections  ---> /config/metadata/collections brought back all my images except any posters that have a auto_poster.jpg. After manually deleting the auto_poster.jpg from the folder I then had to do a Scan Library Files on the collection with the missing poster for the custom poster to show up (after deleting the auto_poster from the folder). This is all despite having the ADMIN>Library>Advanced>Metadata Path set to /config/metadata.

Edited by Diedrich
  • Thanks 1

Diedrich
33 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

But the one I showed erroring out are where they are suppose to be /config/metadata/collections/.  So would this no come back to a permissions issues?

That seems logical but I show all folders within /docker/emby as being owned by media:media with permissions of 770 (rwx rwx ---) and my docker-compose file has the emby container being launched as the 'media' user's correct id and uid.

One final thing that is going on - I can't change the Metadata Path in the admin settings by clearing it out, typing it, nor setting a new path with the search button, it keeps defaulting back to /config/metadata. HOWEVER, no metadata changes are being made in /config/metadata/metadata - I know this because I added a new movie (Child's Play (1988)), added it to the Horror Movies collection and I now see new actors in the people folder (/config/metadata/people) rather than (/config/metadata/metadata/people). Yes, I've performed the Scheduled Task>Scan Metadata Folder.

Aaaaaaand one final test - I renamed /metadata/metadata to /metadata/metadata-old, restarted the Emby Server, ran a library scan, ran the metadata folder scan. All changes are being made to /metadata and there has not been an additional nested /metadata/metadata folder created. I've even logged into the server dashboard from a different browser and am still seeing /config/metadata as the Library>Advanced>Metadata Path location.

embyserver(2).txt

it keeps defaulting back to /config/metadata

If you blank it out or try and set it to anything underneath /config, then it will do this. If you're just going to put it under /config then there's no need to customize it in the first place.

• 2 months later...
khalpin11
On 5/19/2022 at 12:56 PM, Diedrich said:

Further update - Manually copy/paste from /config/metadata/metadata/collections  ---> /config/metadata/collections brought back all my images except any posters that have a auto_poster.jpg. After manually deleting the auto_poster.jpg from the folder I then had to do a Scan Library Files on the collection with the missing poster for the custom poster to show up (after deleting the auto_poster from the folder). This is all despite having the ADMIN>Library>Advanced>Metadata Path set to /config/metadata.

moving my old custom metadata folder ( /config/config/KevMetadata/metadata) to /config/metadata fixed the artwork issue I was also having with the upgrade to Emby 4.7 . Thanks a bunch! I had put countless hours into custom artwork for my collection and would have been devastated if I lost all of it!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1