Language Codes for Subtitles in 4.7.0.60

starisme

starisme

I just updated 4.7.0.60 and noticed all my Chinese subtitles are labeled as Chinese Simplified regardless of whether they are Chinese Simplified or Chinese Traditional.

I've been using the following to separate Simplified vs Traditional which Emby doesn't seem to be able to differentiate:

filename.zh-hans.ext vs filename.zh-hant.ext

What are the language variant codes that Emby recognizes? The ISO table from the knowledge base only gives the base language code.

7 hours ago, starisme said:

I just updated 4.7.0.60 and noticed all my Chinese subtitles are labeled as Chinese Simplified regardless of whether they are Chinese Simplified or Chinese Traditional.

I've been using the following to separate Simplified vs Traditional which Emby doesn't seem to be able to differentiate:

filename.zh-hans.ext vs filename.zh-hant.ext

What are the language variant codes that Emby recognizes? The ISO table from the knowledge base only gives the base language code.

@starisme Hi, we already support both of these two. What exactly is the problem that you're having?

Happy2Play

Not seeing any issue with that beside not being in the KB.

image.png.01fa1a4708f7dfd44d9e4eca00758572.png

starisme

@Happy2Play  @Luke That's interesting, my zh-hant srts are all showing as chinese (simplified). Is there a refresh I need to do or something? I attached a screenshot.

1560116400_Screenshot2022-05-19170550.png.1da62f633667db9b71ab8b2b48852ffc.png

starisme

So I tried renaming the file, scanning the library, then renaming the subtitle back to zh-hant, the correct label is assigned but only for the renamed file. All my other subtitle remain with the wrong language. Any idea how I can do a easy way to update all my subtitle files?

Happy2Play

Just a guess and you can test on one, resave one srt file so modification date changes and do a library scan does it update?

If that works, not a script person but would want to touch every srt so Emby sees change and rescans

1 hour ago, starisme said:

@Luke Tested with new video and the subtitle is correctly identified, it's only for the existing subtitles.

OK thanks for the info.