Composer credits generate "Appears On" incorrectly?

Vicpa

Vicpa

Hi

In the latest release a composer credit generates an "Appears On" list. Prior release "Appears on" only showed collaborations (Multiple album artists) and artist credits. Composer credits are really solely track related. 

An example below. "Jimi Hendrix" composers.thumb.jpg.1eaa6143cf128c30192af399dfcfe1f0.jpg

Jimi has only composer credits on the "Appears On" breaks functionality on great feature

Thanks

-vicpa

Vicpa

Hi @Luke

I was under the impression that before ...

1) the Songs (Tracks) would show up if there was a composer credit. Makes some sense..

2) Appears on Albums would show Artist credits

Now

1) Appears  on Albums show Artist and Composer credits.

11 minutes ago, Luke said:

Hi, actually it's always done this.

Am I clear in the issue? Am I crazy? or just seeing this now because I am cleaning up my composer tags...

@Happy2Play, @FrostByte Help me out

-vicpa

FrostByte

I'm seeing the same thing as Vicpa and don't recall it doing this before, but I can't say for sure.

• Like 1

Vicpa

Hi @Luke

Refer to this thread.

The Classical users were complaining that emby wasn't handling composers correctly.  To me it looks like a change was made to accommodate them.

It is a real disaster to treat a composer as an artist. They are discreet entities. 

-vicpa

• 1 year later...
mGraziano

Has anything changed since this thread? I agree that there are some of us who would want composer to be treated differently than artist. For example, I have singers in my library who also have composed on songs. I would prefer to view the songs and albums they performed on NOT composed on. I would like an option when on the artist page to view/filter the songs they were an artist and NOT the songs they composed. The same goes for the 'Appears On' section. I would like the option to display only albums they were an artist and NOT a composer. Or maybe have an option to separate them into two sections 'Performs On' and 'Composes On'.

• Like 1