how to update to server version 4.7 qnap?

Jifeng4ever

Jifeng4ever

Hi guys, how to update the server in qnap to 4.7? do i have to uninstall it and start it everything all over? and reinstall the 4.7? this is too diffuclt for  tons of movie and settings in the server. 

Jifeng4ever
8 minutes ago, Luke said:

Hi, simply download and install the latest version over the top of your existing version:

https://emby.media/download.html

hi luke, after rewrite the server app, it does not work anymore for the new version and the mainpage does not show up, what do i do now? 

Jifeng4ever
18 minutes ago, Luke said:

Try rebooting your NAS and see if that helps.

hi luke, it works after reboot. thx a lot, so i wait for synology dsm offical release to update to 4.7 in DSM?

10 minutes ago, Jifeng4ever said:

hi luke, it works after reboot. thx a lot, so i wait for synology dsm offical release to update to 4.7 in DSM?

Yes, certainly, if that's what you prefer.

xlerate
On 5/18/2022 at 9:56 PM, Luke said:

Try rebooting your NAS and see if that helps.

This also restored web interface after updating my qnap. Thanks.

dirtylilfunker

Hi, I've just tried to update the latest version on my QNAP and none of the versions will update, I've got the digital signature box ticked, tried rebooting my server but it won't get past 3% then advises cannot be installed. I've tried all 4 versions and all 4 versions in the logs have the same message: failed to install, incompatible package.

Thanks 

5 hours ago, dirtylilfunker said:

Hi, I've just tried to update the latest version on my QNAP and none of the versions will update, I've got the digital signature box ticked, tried rebooting my server but it won't get past 3% then advises cannot be installed. I've tried all 4 versions and all 4 versions in the logs have the same message: failed to install, incompatible package.

Thanks 

Hi, can you try with a different browser?

dirtylilfunker

Thanks, just tried all four again with three different browsers and receiving the same error on all: 'Installation package is incompatible. Use the correct package'

Hi Luke, I updated to 4.7 on QNAP HS-453DX and it works fine on Windows and Android, but I cannot see EMBY on Bubble UPnP, not on ASSET UPnP and also not on my audio player, which is a Cyrus Three. Any suggestions?

5 minutes ago, C_J said:

Hi Luke, I updated to 4.7 on QNAP HS-453DX and it works fine on Windows and Android, but I cannot see EMBY on Bubble UPnP, not on ASSET UPnP and also not on my audio player, which is a Cyrus Three. Any suggestions?

Check the Dlna Server options in Emby Server. You may have to enable the Dlna Server as it is off by default now.

26 minutes ago, C_J said:

Thank you Luke. It is Showing now. Only it is shown as NAS and not Emby. 

It's shown as the friendly name that you've designated for your Emby Server.

7 minutes ago, C_J said:

Thank you. Where can I see this Name?

Right on the front page of your Emby Server dashboard.