Emby 4.7.0.60 100% CPU when caching posters DS2415+

Seger
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

Seger

Hello all, @Luke @ebr @crusher11

I have just updated to Emby 4.7.0.60, which went through without any problems. 

I'm noticing a slowed down build of the UI after the update while clicking through the menu items. The server has already been restarted several times. 

Furthermore, when scrolling through the latest Win10 Emby App Client 1.1.415.0 (Store) or via Chrome Browser, I notice a 100% CPU load when caching the posters. After they have been loaded, the CPU load calms down. 
Normally, the images should already be cached or stored on the server. 

In addition, I noticed distortion and stalling when playing with the Windows Store app, even though direct play was used. Maybe you can see something in the log.

Best regards
Seger
embyserver.txt

Hi, it's normal that the CoverArt plugin will cause high cpu usage. If it's too much for your system to handle, then I would suggest removing it.

For the server running on a NAS, I would probably not recommend it.

FrostByte
8 minutes ago, crusher11 said:

Why am I  tagged in this?

He might have meant to tag cayars

Seger
5 minutes ago, Luke said:

Hallo, es ist normal, dass das CoverArt-Plugin eine hohe CPU-Auslastung verursacht. Wenn es zu viel für Ihr System ist, würde ich vorschlagen, es zu entfernen.

Für den Server, der auf einem NAS läuft, würde ich es wahrscheinlich nicht empfehlen.

@Luke

this is not normal behaviour, at least I haven't observed it in I don't know 4-5 years of embryo :-), yet. Emby is installed on an SSD, the scrolling can be reconstructed. My server has 16Gb of memory, Emby uses 520MB, normally my server also gets bored scrolling through. If I notice that with 16GB memory and SSD, I don't want to know how the other users notice it. The processor has always been bored, as I said. The stuttering during playback and the slowed down UI is also new. Should I test something else? We'll stay in touch, thanks! 

The image processing in the cover art plugin can use quite a bit of resources at times.

Seger

@Lukas

Small update:

as already said, the CPU normalises as soon as the pictures are all loaded, after that at the same scrolling or calling the CPU does not go up anymore.

I think it's just caching again. I have run "Vacuum the database on next Emby server startup" after the install. I had already done this manually at the time. But I may not have always paid attention to the CPU, it was a coincidence.

I'll get back to you, the direct play still stalls and the UI is also slower than before.

The update is terrific, sensational work and congratulations.

Best regards
Seger

• Solution

It's possible that there are some internal changes causing image processing to be re-cached all over again. Occasionally this is necessary on some server releases. 

• Agree 1

Seger

I assume so too, especially since it calms down after caching. Thank you and the whole team! Let me know if there are any further irregularities.

• Thanks 1