Android Server Recommended Update Method from Beta to Stable

mrchristiecdn
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

mrchristiecdn

Hey Guys :)

Been Enjoying Emby so far!

Quick question and I apologize if this has been posted somewhere on the websites/forums.

I'm currently running an Android Server of Emby on a Nvidia Shield and I saw that you guys recently released a new stable version for Windows (4.7.0.60) over on GitHub.

When the Android Server version comes out, what's the recommended update method to update an Android Server from a beta release to a stable release?

Right now, I'm currently using the beta version of Android Server 4.7.0.18 on my Nvidia Shield.

Can I simply download the Android Server APK (once 4.7.0.60 is also released for Android) and install it on the Nvidia Shield like I did with the beta APK I installed before, or will that create a new Emby Server separate from the current 4.7.0.18 Beta I have installed?

Or should I download it from the Google Play Store when Android Server 4.7.0.60 is released?

Or would you guys recommend a fresh install of the new version once it's out? (So I'd uninstall my current version and install the new version once it's released for Android).

The Nvidia Shield isn't mine (I've set it up for my old man), so I don't have physical access to it right now. I do manage it remotely though via an Admin user in Emby.

This part is just some extra information about my Emby Server Setup: My paths for Emby's Cache, Metadata and Transcoding data points to my external drive. I made this change a while back since the internal storage on my Nvidia Shield was getting full and was causing Emby to crash when it ran out of space mid-transcode. I also changed the paths so I wouldn't have to redownload the Metadata for my Library in the future (for whatever reason).

As always, thank you guys for your time and patience :)

Cheers :)

• Solution

Can I simply download the Android Server APK (once 4.7.0.60 is also released for Android) and install it on the Nvidia Shield like I did with the beta APK I installed before

Hi, yes you can.

mrchristiecdn

I wasn't sure if that'd cause possible problems or not with the current version I have installed :)

Thanks Luke :)

• Thanks 1