NextPVR and 4.7.0.60 Upgrade

emveepee

emveepee

Notes for users who upgrade to 4.7

- Emby will immediately crash on startup so will you have to manually remove  programdata/plugins/LiveTV.Plugins.NextPvr.dll

- I had to scan the media library to remove some remnants of NextPVR from the home screen

- NextPVR recording will be removed from Emby and they will need to be imported as videos if you need them,

There is a new Live TV interface to NextPVR coded and supported by Emby now.  You will need to install it from the plugin catalog and restart the server.

There are still many notable issues with 4.0.0 of the plugin, but no doubt Emby Team were eager to get the release out.  I suggest holding off to wait for improvements, but you have  been warned. 

If you do use the new addon make sure that you remove existing scheduled recording from NextPVR they will continue and they will override requests from Emby.

Martin

Edited by emveepee

Actually I don't think it will crash on startup. The old version will be blocked from loading and users will have to manually install again from the plugin catalog.

emveepee

May you mean the V4 plugin, I am talking the manually installed v5 plugin  This was in the unhandled exception log.

System.TypeLoadException: System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'MediaBrowser.Controller.LiveTv.ILiveTvService' from assembly 'MediaBrowser.Controller, Version=4.7.0.60, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.
   at LiveTV.Plugins.NextPVR.RecordingsChannel.OnUpdateTimerCallbackAsync(Object state)
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncMethodBuilderCore.Start[TStateMachine](TStateMachine& stateMachine)
   at LiveTV.Plugins.NextPVR.RecordingsChannel.OnUpdateTimerCallbackAsync(Object state)
   at System.Threading.TimerQueueTimer.<>c.<.cctor>b__27_0(Object state)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
--- End of stack trace from previous location ---
   at System.Threading.TimerQueueTimer.CallCallback(Boolean isThreadPool)
   at System.Threading.TimerQueueTimer.Fire(Boolean isThreadPool)
   at System.Threading.TimerQueue.FireNextTimers()
   at System.Threading.TimerQueue.AppDomainTimerCallback(Int32 id)
Source: LiveTV.Plugins.NextPVR
TargetSite: Void MoveNext()

Even still now? That's unfortunate. What's the dll file name? Is it MediaBrowser.Plugins.NextPvr.dll or has that been changed ?

emveepee

That changed as noted in post #1 and in the stack trace.

Martin

Edited by emveepee

OK my mistake. I didn't realize the dll had a new name. I will have to add a block to prevent loading it and we'll get that into 4.7.1. Thanks.

Catchwa

The recordings disappearing is quite annoying - especially when there is clearly a tab to show them. Is it an Emby issue or a NextPVR plugin issue?

emveepee

It is an  API and direction change for Emby, nothing to do with NextPVR.  Did you run the scan tasks?  My NextPVR remnants where removed after that.

Martin

1 hour ago, Catchwa said:

The recordings disappearing is quite annoying - especially when there is clearly a tab to show them. Is it an Emby issue or a NextPVR plugin issue?

Hi, simply add your old recordings folder as a regular emby library and they'll be back.

Catchwa
17 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi, simply add your old recordings folder as a regular emby library and they'll be back.

Unfortunately my NextPVR recordings are on a different machine to my Emby install, and the NextPVR device isn't always on - so I'd need to fiddle with autofs or something to mount them only when required via CIFS and present them into the docker container that Emby is running on. It'd be so much easier if Emby could just fetch them over the NextPVR API (which I assume it used to do?)