DLNA „Play to“ Oppo

Peter911
Go to solution Solved by softworkz,

Peter911

Dear Emby Users,

sorry, maybe a stupid question: i run emby server on my qnap TVS673 (premiere) and want to stream to the Oppo Player via dlna using the „play to“ feature. For Bluray Content it works fine, but all UHD Blurays stuck at 25% and nothing happens anymore… What does the trick to play them too?

I use the emby App on an iPad for browsing and selecting „play to“.

Many thanks in advance

BR Peter

Edited by Peter911

Peter911

Hi Luke,

thanks for quick reply😉. No, all Content is backed up within a MKV container (Bluray and UHD Bluray).

Thanks in advance,

Peter

OK. Have you verified that your Oppo supports this content? Let's look at an example:

Thanks.

Peter911

Hi Luke,

sure, the Oppo supports that Matroska Container Format (.mkv). It plays all Content fine via USB or SMB connection over local Network and Full HD Content (1080p) works fine too via „play to“ DLNA Emby function. Only UHD Content with higher Resolution (2160p) stucks on 25% and then nothing happens (black screen). Could it be that the Emby Server is trying to transcode resolutions above 1080p via DLNA? The Same File plays fine too with Plex DLNA Server function. I used Plex for the last 10 Years, but changed now to Emby a few Weeks ago😊. Hope there is a way to fix this…?!

Thanks + BR
Peter

OK let's look at an example using the information I requested above. Thanks.

Peter911

Hi Luke,

ok, i will do my best in adition to my previous posts...

Topic: done

Problem: look at my posts above

Specific (in adition):

• running actual emby server (beta version, premiere) on a QNAP nas tvs 673e;
  • all content within the librarys is stored as .mkv files: 1080p an 2160p;
  • using the ipad OS emby App on an ipad Pro 12,9“ for library browsing;
  • the emby DLNA server function is enabled, the „playto“ feature too;
  • the target client is an oppo player wich supports all my content formats (in the actual case i need only .mkv, but it supports all other formats too, via usb and local 1GB network by lan-cable, no wifi);
  • i can select directly at the oppo by network-functionality the emby DLNA server structure and start playing content;
  • works fine for 1080p video-files but stuck at 25% (osd by the oppo player) for 2160p content-files and no reaction anymore (black screen);
  • this behavior is exactly the same by using the „playto“ feature within the emby app on ipad;
  • all works fine by selection directly the content via smb connection or by selecting the DLNA structure of Plex Server.

Hope this helps for further hints.

Thanks + BR
Peter

Log-files:

embyserver.txt

OK there's an error happening repeatedly in your log about probing the file. That's causing the Oppo requests to fail. We'll catch and handle that better. We'll get this into the 4.7.1 maintenance release, so please let us know if it helps. Thanks.

Peter911

Hi Luke,

thanks for updating Server. I installed 4.7.1 official, but the issue is still existing as before… Do you think i have to test the Beta-Version?

Thanks for ongoing help + all the good work!
BR

Peter

It seems that probing fails over and over with the "Pitch Black" video.

Could you please try to remove the file from your library, then rescan the library and see whether this helps.
(please post a server log, so we can see whether the probing errors are no longer occuring)

Peter911

Hi Softworks!

Thanks for looking into it. yes, issue is correct with „Pitch Black“. But it is with all other UHD Contents too. 1080p works fine, so the probing seems to work correctly.

I will try your suggestion, and upload the new log.

Thanks & BR

Peter

Peter911

Hi,

so, here is the latest log, after trying your suggestion above. And with a further trial of an other file. Issue is still existing…

Thanks for supporting it + BR
Peter

embyserver.txt

• Thanks 1

@Peter911 It is not clear to me whether the error is due to your files or something about your system.

I can't reproduce the errors locally with similar files.

Could you provide us one file that is failing for testing? (via PM)

The smaller the better.. 🙂 

Peter911
21 hours ago, softworkz said:

@Peter911 It is not clear to me whether the error is due to your files or something about your system.

I can't reproduce the errors locally with similar files.

Could you provide us one file that is failing for testing? (via PM)

The smaller the better.. 🙂 

Hi softworkz,

thanks for reply! Sure, i will do this. Could you please give me short a hint how to do this for you?😉

BR Peter

Peter911

Hi Luke + softworkz!

it seems that i found out the issue. Emby Server recognizes no 4k Dolby Vision Files itself. 4K HDR works fine! Please look at my two screenshots. Maybe this info will help to fix it? It would be graet🙃.

Pleas let me know.

Kind regards + keep on all the good work!

Peter

4K HDR.png

4K Dolby Vision.png

3 hours ago, Peter911 said:

it seems that i found out the issue

You didn't.

3 hours ago, Peter911 said:

Emby Server recognizes no 4k Dolby Vision Files

It does.

Just not yours.

Peter911

Hi softworkz,

ok, but „mine“ are not treated in a special way and all DV Content is recognized by other media server (showing the media info tab). Is it possible that i missed a special setup within emby server for recognize DV files? What do you think is the cause of missing Media Info in emby server? For me DV is not interesting because tonemapping is processed external by madVR Envy. Within DV there is always a fallback HDR10 Layer, maybe is this constellation a „problem“ for emby server? All other HDR10 and SDR Content works perfect with emby! But DV becomes more and more popular… I have no possibility to upload a full file… (it is to big).

Thanks in advance + BR
Peter

• Solution

There's no known problem in running ffprobe on DV files, Emby does not see them as DV, but it sees those which are backward compatible to HDR10 (not all are) as HDR10.

The error has nothing to do with DV. It's about the subtitle streams, namely the DVD subs which don't have a size specified. This is pretty unusual because no other/similar cases have been reported so far.

If you can't provide any files for investigation (not that important anymore, as the cause is understood now), then I suggest to do what I had suggested already:

• Remove Pitch Black from your library 
    => I asked you to do it but you didn't
  • Remove the other files causing that error
    which are Batman and Morbius

Then refresh metadata again.
If you see similar cases, remove them as well.

SOLUTION:

It seems that those dvd_sub streams are just invalid.

Edited by softworkz
Mark solution text

Peter911

Hi softworks,

many thanks for pointing this out. Meanwhile i guessed something similar, because i try to remux some files and overwrite them (or copy new to NAS/Emby server). After that, most media data are recognized by emby server now and „playto“ works fine for them. Only a few ones does not work anymore. But i will try it out further (as you described too).

Thanks for the good hint with invalib subtitles, this point me in the right direction. Glad to figure out, that is no emby-problem😉

All the best for you + BR
Peter

• Thanks 1

Peter911
On 6/5/2022 at 3:08 PM, softworkz said:

SOLUTION:

It seems that those dvd_sub streams are just invalid.

Hi softworkz,

indeed, that did the trick😉. After remuxing and deleting the dvd_sub streams, all media is recognized and plays well via „playto“ feauture. Many thanks for great support and pointing this out!

Only last question: Is it normal that the timeline on ipad-emby App sometimes not shows correct while playing the movie via „playto“?

Thanks + BR
Peter

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Peter911 said:

Only last question: Is it normal that the timeline on ipad-emby App sometimes not shows correct while playing the movie via „playto“?

You should probably ask this in the corresponding section. I'm not  familiar with that specific app.