Weird TV Show Occurrence

Karoot
Go to solution Solved by GrimReaper,

Karoot

Hello guys. Being someone who has migrated to team green, previously being a Plex user, I have quickly acclimated to the new media server software and I like it a lot. There is one issue, however, that I have encountered with two of my TV shows; more specifically two shows with the same name, different years. 

I have the original Doctor Who, and some rips of the 2005 version of the show. Like Plex initially, Emby detected them as one show. Plex allowed me to split them apart, and I was then able to correct the metadata for both so they show correctly in the library. Emby, however, will not allow me to split them apart. It has detected both shows as one library, despite the fact that I have separate folders, seasons, etc for each. 

I have combed through all the settings on the show side, and even went into metadata manager to try and fix it. The issue is that Emby just thinks they are one show, and it won't allow me to correct it. It's an odd occurrence, and I'm not sure how to fix it. 

Karoot
4 minutes ago, Luke said:

Hi there, how are your files named and organized?

I have the original Doctor Who show labeled as Doctor Who, with the seasons named as subfolders, and the episodes in a "S01E01" type format. The second show is named Doctor Who (2005), with its own season subfolders and episode naming scheme similar to the other one. 

• Solution
GrimReaper

Rename series folders to:

Doctor Who (1963) [tvdbid=76107] 

and

Doctor Who (2005) [tvdbid=78804] 

Rescan. 

Edited by GrimReaper
  • Thanks 1

Karoot
6 minutes ago, GrimReaper said:

Rename series folders to:

Doctor Who (1963) [tvdbid=76107] 

and

Doctor Who (2005) [tvdbid=78804] 

Rescan. 

Thanks! That solved it! I should have known to put the date on both. The TVDBID worked perfectly and allowed me to manually identify them both. Marked your answer as solution and gave you a rep. I am going to chock this up to the switching to team Emby learning curve lol. Now I know what to do in the future. Thank you!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1