Can't Play Library

ericinsc
Go to solution Solved by ericinsc,

ericinsc

I had an issue with the box my collection was on, so I moved it to the same machine that that MB3 Server is running. I added the shares (UNC PATH) and now it sees the library, scans, but I can not play from the remote machines using MB Classic. I can still play one collection from a different box. Please help!

ericinsc

No. I can't play that collection from the web client. I can play the older collection on a different box with the web client. I think it may be a share permissions on this new machine?

CWNashvegas

Possible. Double check your shares as described here:http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/703-how-to-make-unc-folder-shares/

You can also try deleting the library.db from %appdata%\MediaBrowser-Server\Data (have to close MB Server first) and then restart and let it rebuild the library after you double-check your UNC paths.

CWNashvegas

Click on "more reply options" below the post box. That will take you to the advanced editor, with an attachment option at the bottom.

there is no unc paths error in the web client. (i should know).

please tell us what browser you're using and be a little more descriptive in telling us about the problem.

Also, please post one server log that contains a playback attempt. 15 logs is too many because i have no idea where to look.

CWNashvegas

I'm looking at your logs and you have more than one issue.

First of all, you've got the path: \\GABSVR\Eric$ as a watched (collection) item, and it's got all kinds of stuff in it, including some paths that exceed the character limit. It's trying to read what looks like an image of your user files (documents, desktop, etc). Find the collection containing that path and remove it and rescan.

Edited by Knowledge Base

ericinsc

Version 3.0.5031.21343 Server Version.

I can see all of the collection on the client (MB Classic 3.0074 (Latest version). But I can't play anything. I had a collection on a different machine that still plays, I just starting getting the UNC paths error.

CWNashvegas

That's the collection I can still watch, the collection on gabsvr2012 is the one I can't play.

Hm. Okay. It's throwing errors so I looked there first. So nevermind on that then. I see problems with shortcuts maybe but Luke can help more there.

try to setup your shares so that they don't exceed 260 characters. for example:

\\GABSVR\Eric$\MY SHIT\Eric Work Files 3-2012\WD_SmartWare\46AE5BFEB0B94AC3BA56940E41E4BEF4\C_\Users\egable\Desktop\PMMCD\ServicePacks\SP2\14_0_02_Third_Party\JBOSS_PORTAL\jboss-portal-2.6.4\docs\portal\referenceGuide\html_single\images\themeguide

ericinsc

The GABSVR shares actually work. Its the GABSVR2012 shares that I can't play.

Edited by ericinsc

well i'm happy to help but i need more concrete information besides it doesn't work,

such as, when i do this, this and this, this is what happens, when instead i was expecting something else. screenshots are helpful too. also, if you could avoid zipping logs that'd be great so that i can read them in the browser.

• Solution
ericinsc

Thanks for the help .. it was permissions! Always remember to make it discoverable .... duh huh moment. Thanks Again !!

• Like 1